Last daylilies of the year

shive(6b TN)October 8, 2012

Here are some photos of rebloomers from the weekend and today.

FINAL TOUCH

BUTTERED POPCORN

GRAPE TWIZZLER

My very late blooming seedling had its final bloom last Friday.

Cosmic Sensation X Alan Lane Again

ICE CREAM EMPEROR and WHEEL OF TIME have some well-budded scapes ready to bloom again. But a possible frost tonight may nip that in the bud.

Debra

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Beautiful, Debra. love that seedling. and fINAL TOUCH is always so pretty.

jean

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 10:16PM
katlynn719(8b)

Debra, Nice show for this time of year! The only daylily blooming here is INSIDER TRADING. I think it has one more bud left.
Kathy

Bookmark   October 8, 2012 at 11:34PM
Julia NY(6)

Nice to see blooms. Your seedling is still going which is a plus.

Julia

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 7:40AM
organic_kitten(8)

The blooms are very pretty, Debra. That seedling is lovely with the fine white edge.

We were very near to frost this morning, if we didn't quite make it. I have a nice scape that I should already have taken a picture of since two blooms have opened, and also, n iris that has decided to rebloom.

kay

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 10:22AM
celeste(zone 4 NH)

You sure seem to have a long season of blooms! The seedling is such a pretty color and the fact that it's a Late gives it extra appeal. I love that one!

Celeste

Bookmark   October 9, 2012 at 12:19PM
shive(6b TN)

Well, we missed the frost on Monday night, but there's another frost warning tonight. I think I will cover the buds on Ice Cream Emperor and Wheel of Time since after tonight we're going to have a warmup for the next 10 days.

Celeste - The seedling blooms became very dark and lost the watermark in the cool fall temperatures. The last blooms were also much rounder that the first larger, triangular blooms. The edge is definitely heat dependent. The first couple blooms had a lot more silver baubles and white teeth. It will be interesting to see what it does next year in the heat of summer.

Debra

Bookmark   October 10, 2012 at 1:52PM
nat4b(4)

How nice to see pretty flowers in October!

I only have a few buds left on Beautiful Edgings and Carnival in Brazil, and I don't think they are going to open, too cold. Carnival opened several days ago and it was just red, nothing else. Stayed half-open for 3 days :)

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 12:48AM
shive(6b TN)

With the cooler weather, my daylilies have been staying open for two days this week. The photos of Final Touch and Grape Twizzler above were taken on the second day.

I wrapped the buds on Ice Cream Emperor and Wheel of Time in aluminum foil last night as a frost precaution. We missed the frost again - just had heavy dew.

Debra

Bookmark   October 11, 2012 at 11:38AM
gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)

Love your seedling Debra, it's beautiful. I have 7 or 8 new ones from Maryott's with scapes coming up. I hope you post your Ice Cream Emperor and Wheel Of Time when they bloom.
I was thinkin' about adding Wheel Of Time this year. If not this year definitely next. However, if I think about it long enough it'll be this year.

I found some sellers on the LA who say "Spring Shipping Only" to agree to ship to me this fall since 1.) I understand they will be looking yellow/bedraggled. 2.) I live in a mild climate.

I'm glad you missed the frost again.

Debra don't you have some that you registered? Do you sell also?

Rena'

Bookmark   October 12, 2012 at 11:44PM
More Discussions
Buying daylilies from the south
I placed an order for daylilies from a Florida seller....
KarenPA_6b
Joan Derifield or Man of Sorrows
I would love to have both of these, but I'm thinking...
ruthz
finally got into this forum,and have to learn how to do it
I had to really hunt to find this forum again and couldn't...
jean zone 8 Ar.
Weather?
Off topic, just wanted to say I hope everyone is doing...
Nancy zone 6
Thank you Sherry
Thank you, Sherry, for starting the alphabet posts....
hoosier_nan (IN z5b/6a)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™