In the pink...

flootaNovember 14, 2012

Finally had a chance to do more blogging. This time, I'm blogging on my second favorite color, pink daylilies!

See the link below if you like pink daylilies.

Here is a link that might be useful: In the pink..

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
avedon_gw

Really enjoyed your blog--what is your opinion of the pink double Knocks Your Socks Off? I am considering buying it. Avedon

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 3:13PM
floota

Actually I grow that one and had planned to mention it in the next blog. Stay tuned!

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 6:22PM
gdjcb

Being new to daylilies your blogs have been a great place for info and ideas, I have read all 44, thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to more and am hoping the future may hold a blog on eye/edged daylilies, hint, hint.

Gale

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 8:33PM
organic_kitten(8)

Love pinks too, Floota. Thank you for the lovely photos and the information.
kay

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 8:53AM
sensiblegardening

I enjoyed your photos, Bali Watercolor is a favorite of mine as well.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 12:29PM
floota

Thanks everyone! Read on if you enjoy pinks. Part 2 of "In the Pink" was just added! Link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: In the Pink, Part 2

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 7:03PM
avedon_gw

Thanks, Floota, I seem to remember you showing this one in another blog, and that's why I was interested. As it happens, the order for Knocks Your Socks Off is now in, and will arrive next spring. It should do well here, since my husband is very good about watering. There are a lot of super pinks in this blog and maybe I will be able to get some of them as time goes by. Avedon

Bookmark   November 16, 2012 at 7:39PM
organic_kitten(8)

Lovely as always, and I suspect a convention would "break" me since your posts generally have several cultivars that I realize I need...and this is no exception. I especially liked Neon Flamenco and Oliver Billingsley.

Your garden is always magnificent. Thank you for sharing your lovely blooms.
kay

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 8:46AM
Maryl zone 7a

I just knew there had to be a part 2. Quite a good selection of pinks I must say. Stamile's pinks always turn my head. I grew Leslie Renee this year and she was a lighter color then yours, but still gorgeous. She was so covered with diamond dust at one point that I took a picture and sent it to a non-daylily friend. She'd never heard of such a thing and was amazed.....I can see Knock Your Socks Off in my garden too, and although I like the full figured gals the most, I'm really smitten with Miss Piggy. Ironic that she's not more rounded-lol....Quite a show you put on. So nice to see more of your daylilies.....Maryl

Bookmark   November 17, 2012 at 9:35PM
floota

Thanks much, everyone. There are still enough that I'll be adding a Part 3. However, However, where to go after that?
Will have to think a bit.

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 9:04AM
Maryl zone 7a

Have any doubles?....Maryl

Bookmark   November 18, 2012 at 4:45PM
virginialily

Floota, I love reading your blogs! I absolutely must have 'Rose F. Kennedy'. Such a beautiful daylily, Great pictures too.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 6:24AM
floota

Thanks,everyone. Maryl, there is a blog about doubles already if you look in the older archives. Lots to talk about this winter. Blue eyes, edges,other colors, I'm even thinking orange since I claim not to like them so much!

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 8:58AM
Maryl zone 7a

Orange!!! Oh yes. I need a good deep, colorfast orange. Since my Bittersweet Destiny rusted away this year, I can't seem to find any that really WOW me. Love to see what you have....And will look in your archieves for doubles...Love edges too, although I don't think you favor the "fat" like I do, but maybe so...Thanks.......Maryl

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 11:22PM
floota

Part 3, the LAST blog I'll do on pinks for awhile, was just added! Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it.

Here is a link that might be useful: In the Pink, the last chapter....

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 2:58PM
Maryl zone 7a

Signature Truffle catches my eye. I can't seem to get two pictures of it that look alike however (although both of your photos are dissimilar in color, I find both colors most pleasing to me -which is why I looked it up). It reminds me somewhat of the pics I've seen of Dorothy and Toto. Any comparison to D&T?....Maryl

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 1:26AM
More Discussions
Lambert daylilies
would love to see pics of John Lambert daylilies ....
signet_gw
Hooray! The Bradford Pear Tree is Down!
We had been intending to take it down for a year, and...
organic_kitten
Critters from the daylily patch.
Over the years being out in the daylily patch, I've...
Ed
I need help on plant choice for a narrow strip walkway 1' X 40'
I live in Southern California beach area. Currently...
anna
Aphids on daylilies
What do you do about aphids on your daylilies? I don't...
ruthz
Sponsored Products
The Brown Gift Set by Pure Madness
$140.00 | FRONTGATE
Kids' Twin Pink/ Green Chevron Upholstered Headboard
Overstock.com
Chooty and Co Duck 5 Horizontal Seamed Corded D-Fiber Pillow - French Pink - CS1
$42.99 | Hayneedle
European Organza Sham - PINK
$129.90 | Horchow
Sweet Jojo Designs Hot Dot Modern Shower Curtain
Overstock.com
Worthy Leather Bench - Brighton Energy Pink
Joybird Furniture
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™