Hoya Naumanii

suetran1(7NC)June 30, 2011

I love this one, very scented, easy to grow.

Can any one find the different?

sue

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mdahms1979

Very pretty and I like how shiny the blooms are. That six pointed flower is really neat!

Mike

Bookmark   June 30, 2011 at 12:23PM
greedygh0st

Oh fun! A rebel flower. That is just so cool looking.

This is a beautiful plant, I agree. I just recently received a cutting of it from a kind person here and I am really enjoying how it always seems so serene and classy.

Bookmark   June 30, 2011 at 12:52PM
rennfl

Gorgeous! I recently got a plant of this, and seeing your pictures, I'm so glad I did.

Would you mind letting me know what conditions you give it please?

Renee

Bookmark   July 2, 2011 at 9:14AM
suetran1(7NC)

Renee
For me, I feel this plant like medium light, feeding in summer, flower in winter.
This plant is easy, sometime I water it only once a week in winter, it is till fine. Very fragrance, this is my favorite plant also.
This year, after I re-potted it, It grow like crazy.

sue

Bookmark   July 2, 2011 at 9:26PM
Harrison871

Its beatiful!!! I am new to the hoya plant. My best friend from college had one,that is the first I ever saw a hoya, very interesting. Come to find out that I have a very green thumb with orchids and these particular plants. ( they seem to love me and not my mother).

I always loved vining plants. Brought my first hoya this past december and now im hooked! I have three cuttings that are doing pretty good and a leaf cutting as an experiment. ( though I heard that just leaf cuttings with no stem produce no new growth. I will just have to wait and see

Bookmark   July 2, 2011 at 10:00PM
greedygh0st

Harrison, usually the leaves produce roots, but only sometimes they produce new vines. Most of us stick knocked off leaves in the pot just in case we get lucky.

Denise once posited that it may be that certain leaves have some fragment of the node still attached to the petiole and that enables them to put out new viney growth, where other leaves can't. Right or wrong, that is my favorite hypothesis for what is going on here.

Bookmark   July 6, 2011 at 4:36PM
fragrantgardener01

would love to get a description of the fragrance, I have read it smells like jasmine, nice and bitter, lilac, like Hoya cv. Pinky. Any of those descriptions comes close?

Thanks in advance!

Bookmark   October 4, 2014 at 2:49AM
Jan Sword

Hi Sue, Gorgeous flowers. I've heard that Hoya naumanii might be a wild cross of Hoya cv "pinkie".
Here is my Hoya cv Pinkie for a comparison.

Bookmark   October 7, 2014 at 6:25AM
More Discussions
Can i hang my Fishtail Hoya under a 42in roof overhang?
I have a nice full fishtail hoya i got back in early...
tlbean2004
sweethearth2015
Krimson princess question
I've had this hoya for about 6 months or so. Lately...
loveofbostons
Is it hoya?
Hi, I bought hoya carnosa seeds online. This is what...
hoyax
Hoya Kerrii Turning Yellow
Hi everyone I am a newbie to gardening and have bought...
hsaloot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™