Buds

kellyknits(6/WV Eastern Panhandle)June 2, 2011

Only hoya in bloom at my house right now is lacunosa snowcaps. Do have a couple budding....

Very excited about this one!

Serpens! It bloomed once several years ago with one umbel, then went downhill. It's now growing in hydroton and in a northern window. Has over a dozen penduncles with at least 3 or 4 budding right now. Not as impressive as the other one recently posted, but I'm still excited!

Hoya merridithii x crassicaulis - will be a first timer and is still VERY small

Hoya publicalyx Bright One - LOVE this one!

Hoya bella - this is mostly regular bella with a few stems of variegated Luis Bois thrown in. It's outside right now and has been tolerating the 90+ degree days fine (????). Again, no where near as lovely as the one recently posted, but has a good many buds for a smaller plant!

The hoya relative Milkweed. Have 4 different colors of it this year!

And this one (not a hoya)sold to me as: Acanthorhipsalis,Rhipsalis-golden orange flowers. Can't really find much info on it:

Plus australis is budding for the first time and another hoya I received in a trade is budding - right now it's a noid to me.

Can't wait for blooms!

Wishing lots of buds and blooms for everyone!

Kelly

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rennfl

You'll have a lot of flowers here soon. I love buds, sometimes even more than the flowers themselves.

Really like the meredithii x crassicaulis bud, can't wait to see those flowers - and 12 penduncles on serpens I think is pretty good!

Renee

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 9:32AM
kidsandcats(7)

Very cool! If only I could get my Hoyas all to coordinate their blooming time. lol

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 9:38AM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Beautiful Kelly!! I love bud photos almost as much as the open blooms...almost,lol...Good luck with them all. I'm especially excited for you about Serpens...this is one hard hoya to keep alive let alone bloom. I'm so envious of Renee's serpens. Maybe one day I'll have one of those too...though mine is a very small one.

Keep us posted! TFS!

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 10:17AM
greedygh0st

I love the way you post pictures of progress all through a bud's development, Kelly. These are some of my favorite threads. Very cool that serpens is going to bloom again for you and I have to agree that those buds on Bright One are just amazing.

I also think it's fun that you grow different varieties of milkweed. I would do just the same if I had a garden! ^_^

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 12:39PM
kellyknits(6/WV Eastern Panhandle)

Glad I'm not the only one who likes buds!

GG, I LOVE the milkweeds! Definitely recommend them for anyone who has the space!

Kelly

Bookmark   June 2, 2011 at 6:36PM
More Discussions
The secret to successfully growing flagellata?
Okay, so for the past couple of weeks, it has been...
aurorawa
A little O.T., but relevant...
I've always been a little frustrated by the quandary...
denise_gw
Signs of life on a peduncle!
I need a bloom it's been a very long time. I'm having...
Liberated
Free to a good hoya home near East TN
O hoyaphiles, I am filled with angst. It's been a long...
ohmybloomers
Wrinkly leaves
Some of the leaves on my new Hoya carnose 'Krimson...
bunnygurl
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™