HEre's to a floriferous daylily season next year!

crackingtheconcrete(7a)November 11, 2012

*cheers*

I was actually intending to post a picture of yellow pinwheel for you for some summer sunshine, but my wireless is not cooperating.

I was just talking with my mom and we both think we quite literally missed the bloom of 50% of our plants this year due to heat, insane aphids, and beetles which I have never before seen that saw my plants as the newest dream buffet.

I am excited to see what will come up next year an am hoping for triple blooming power!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
crackingtheconcrete(7a)

Well, and there's the picture! Lol
Happy Sunday!

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 1:03PM
jean_ar(z8 Ar)

Beautiful bloom.Looks like BUttered Popcorn. very pretty.

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 3:26PM
crackingtheconcrete(7a)

Thanks, Jean :)
I love it because it is very showy when in bloom!

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 6:40PM
avedon_gw

Hey, CTC, sure glad to hear from you, I am sure many of us were wondering how you were doing when Hurricane Sandy came through. Love the picture, sure brightens the day. For crazies, try this one--not a DL, but very colorful and who would figure azaleas blooming this time of year---this is not supposed to be a rebloomer. It is Red Ruffles and it looks better now than it did in the spring. Avedon

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 10:41AM
organic_kitten(8)

So glad you checked in. This was indeed a very hot miserable gardening year. Hey, we are at the point now of anticipating next year's blooms. IAs Avedon said, we were worried about you.
kay

Bookmark   November 12, 2012 at 12:58PM
crackingtheconcrete(7a)

Thanks so much for thinking of me! We had flickering lights but lost no power so we were very grateful!
Love that hot pink/red azalea! I was hoping to plant autumn crocus for something blooming but just haven't gotten it together yet.

Bookmark   November 14, 2012 at 9:39PM
Nancy zone 6

I'm so glad you are doing OK CTC! Last I heard, there were still a lot of people without power, unbelievable.
I think my daylilies had a pretty normal year, some were good & others had an off year. June was REALLY hot & definitely affected the blooms. With everything blooming early I thought I wouldn't have much late bloom. Oddly, I still had a few daylilies reblooming until Tuesday when we had a really hard freeze. Temps got down to low/mid 20s in some areas. We had some rather hard frosts before, but the daylilies made it through. I really didn't know they could handle frost like that.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 7:37AM
dani_plus_2

OMG YES! May everything go crazy to make up for lost time! I have so many seedlings that should have bloomed last year, which means I couldn't get rid of the yucky ones, which means I have a ton of seeds that I either have to make new beds for or go crazy in 2013 being the executioner (sp?) to a bunch of unsuspecting seedlings. Yikes!

Bookmark   November 25, 2012 at 9:52AM
More Discussions
Cures for Cabin Fever!
It has been too long this winter we are having!! Too...
Cindy zone 6a
Those wonderful "W" daylilies, let's see them!
We would like to see all of the wonderfyl W dsylilies!...
sherrygirl zone5
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
Another Houzz change-sending messages without following
I copied this post from Jasminerose4u in the rose forum....
KarenPA_6b
24/7 daylilies in year 2
I tried the following varieties. Key Largo Moon Kokomo...
Patty W. zone 5a Illinois
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™