Difference between krimson queen and princess

eclipse3June 24, 2006

Well, I have been lurking on here for the last couple of weeks, and I just want to say thanks. Thanks for getting me so interested in hoyas that I spent my breakfast cash on a darn plant this morning! Who needs to eat anyway right? Well, anyway, I am wondering how to tell the difference between a krimson princess and a krimson queen. The little hoya I bought this morning has some white and pinkish leaves and the rest are variegated. I am wondering if it falls into one of these categories. Sorry no pic right now. I am at work (OOPS:o)) I will try to get a good pic maybe later today or tomorrow, but I appreciate any comments in the meantime.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
langlin

Hi and welcome North Dakota, sorry that you contacted our hoya disease and you should also know there is no known cure.

Now to your question, the Krimpson Queen and the Krimson Princess are both carnosas and clones of the original carnosa.

The queen is the standard varigated version meaning the center of the leaf is green and the edges are cream colored.

The princess is the reversed varigated or "rubra" version that has the cream in the center and green edges. You will find that many hoyas and in fact other plants as well have these two variations
Original carnosa
carnosa "Krimson Queen"
 carmosa "Krimson Princess"

The red or pink you find on the leaves will almost always fade to cream as the leaf matures.

-LeonÂ
Â

Bookmark   June 24, 2006 at 1:22PM
ines_99

Good Lord, those are some happy looking plants!

Bookmark   June 29, 2006 at 8:00AM
pepeuve

Hello:

Krimson queen.

Please, can you watch the Link/URL.?
Thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: krimson queen

Bookmark   April 30, 2010 at 1:45AM
More Discussions
My Hoya onychoides
Hey all, my Hoya onychoides finally bloomed for the...
rennfl
H. carnosa
I got these as cuttings from my father's plants, he...
tropicbreezent
Hanging Basket Idea
Hello all, I've just started to collect a few hoya...
alvaandr
Bloom trigger?
Growers, Hoya beginner here....I grow a wide variety...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
update on baby incrassatas
First of all, here's "mama"...yes, I know...
shelley7950
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™