I've got BLOOMS!

there_and_back_againJune 9, 2014

One of the little barely-rooted babies I got back in March or so decided to bloom for me! I've been keeping a close eye on the peduncle as I noticed it developing, thinking the buds would surely blast, but they didn't, and they were open this morning when I checked on them! This is labeled Hoya limoniaca, but I'm curious if anyone else has/had blooms to compare it to.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denise_gw

Congrats, T&BA! My limoniaca has yet to bloom, so I have no photos to compare to. I'm hoping this might be the year. You must be doing something right as I've had mine since 2009!

Denise in Omaha

Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 8:43PM
there_and_back_again

I have to say, I am pretty shocked. It was nothing but a stick with teeny tiny hair-like roots. I was a bit peeved, because these were supposed to be well-established plants, but you know how that goes. It's barely put on any leaves or vines, but I suspect that's because it is putting all the energy into making the flowers.

Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 9:00PM
rennfl

Congrats on blooming!

If you do a search on limoniaca, I know there are pics of both the flowers and leaves on this forum, and you can compare. It's hard to tell for sure from your picture, but it looks like it could be. Just compare both flowers and leaves.

I've found limoniaca to be a good grower and bloomer, it pretty much blooms all summer long for me.

Renee

Bookmark   June 10, 2014 at 10:11AM
greedygh0st

Very pretty! Congratulations on your early blooms. I'm sure it will get growing eventually and you will be able to relax.

Bookmark   June 10, 2014 at 11:04AM
More Discussions
rooting in semi-hydro media
I am going to try rooting my next batch of cuttings...
greentoe357
Hoya?
Anyone know the name of this Hoya...about 3cm flower?...
marleneann
The secret to successfully growing flagellata?
Okay, so for the past couple of weeks, it has been...
aurorawa
update on baby incrassatas
First of all, here's "mama"...yes, I know...
shelley7950
My Hoya onychoides
Hey all, my Hoya onychoides finally bloomed for the...
rennfl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™