New hosta #4 on the rebuilding my hosta patio garden 2014 project

Brandys_garden(6)April 18, 2014

I went by the garden center on Hwy 76, at least one other person on this forum knows what I'm talking about. She didn't have much, just mostly Wheee eyes and Francee pips. She said she had some mostly unfurled Krossa Regals but the freeze damaged most of them... However she did have a couple on display that weren't too badly damaged. I picked one out. I couldn't really see the damage until it was pointed out to me... But she sold it to me for half price ($5). So I consider it a win!
Krossa Regal

BME is starting to unfurl now!!!

The whole view today. I think I'm covered on blue's now!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Your Krossa Regal will turn your patio into a jungle by the end of summer. Good purchase.

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 4:09PM
miketropic

Yes the krossa I have was big last year..this year it is going nuts so you might want to think of a patio extension in the near future

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 7:07PM
jadie88(7 MD)

Krossa Regal is one of those we don't always rave about, but it has such a serenity and presence to it, doesn't it? It's one your eyes just want to linger on.

Frost damage is passing, but $5 hosta deals are forever. :)

Bookmark   April 18, 2014 at 7:22PM
luckykat13

Hi Brandy,
This is my Krossa Regal 2 years ago. You are going to need a really big pot eventually. He grows fast. Lovely choice. Krossa Regal was the hosta that started my obsessive collecting. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy!!

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 6:42AM
MadPlanter1 zone 5

Yep, a MONSTER pot. You might have to keep dividing it. I lost a couple big hostas this winter. They just got too big to haul out of the pots and put in the ground over winter. I tried covering them, but they rotted. No big loss, as they were Honeybells reverted to plain green, but they did look nice in those big pots. (sigh). Anyhow, gorgeous as a big KR is, you'll have to keep a potted one cropped back or buy one of those megapots you see in shopping malls. Your garden is looking nice!

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 7:59AM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Luckycat, I remember that picture AND the shoe for scale. Has that been TWO YEARS?

Be sure to give a new school picture of your Krossa Regal when it fully leafs out this spring. It was a beauty in this picture.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 10:38AM
Brandys_garden(6)

Thanks everyone! I think I like it a lot? It's different and "unique" it adds its own something special to my hosta garden for sure! I wasn't sure I would like it so I debated on it for a few minutes but $5 was too good a deal to pass up just because of some barely noticeable frost damage!

I relocated it into Luna Moth's old pot. It's bigger. I ordered Cherry Berry today, so I'll need the smaller one I had it in for her. The pot it's in now should (hopefully) last a couple of years? I put it in front because it says it's more sun tolerant. If that's wrong, I can always move it later but for now, it's good.

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 2:08AM
Brandys_garden(6)

Here's my patio garden today... Just watered them, except for the dormant ones.

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 3:30PM
Brandys_garden(6)

And the walk up view

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 3:31PM
More Discussions
Shiny-leaved Hosta
I am SOOO bored watching snow melt! Not fast enough...although...
josephines123 z5 ON Canada
Designer Genes
We still have 2 feet of snow cover here, although it...
Steve Massachusetts Zone 5b
Early emerging hostas?
What hostas which emerge early each spring before the...
donrawson
noid
Last year I got all excited over finding some Hosta...
Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.
When could I remove the covers from the 2 ceramic pots of mini hostas?
The in-ground hostas are still very much in dormancy....
Esther-B, Zone 7b
Sponsored Products
Campania International Arabesque Rolled Rim Cast Stone Planter - P-557-AL
$659.99 | Hayneedle
Wine country party tray
Origin Crafts
Cannes Woven Cafe Chair without Cushion, Patio Furniture
$248.00 | FRONTGATE
Safavieh Poolside Brown/Bone Indoor/Outdoor Bordered Rug (4' x 5'7")
Overstock.com
Outdoor Pulley Pendant
| Dot & Bo
In Between Time II Outdoor Wall Art
Grandin Road
Patio Living Concepts Patio Tables. San Juan 30 in. Bisque Lamp with Lacquer Sha
Home Depot
8' White Cedar Unstained Double Rail Bridge
Fifthroom.com
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™