New additions

miketropicApril 6, 2014

Picked these 2 up on my birthday buy up weekend..both 10 bucks and have plenty of pips showing. They also has Liberty for 11 bucks but no pips in any pot. the one I dug into had crown rot so I was not going to take a chance.

Blue Ivory

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
miketropic

Strip Tease

Bookmark   April 6, 2014 at 3:49PM
jadie88(7 MD)

Nice! I would love to find a Blue Ivory that's so far along. Mine is a small fry, and I hear its a slow grower. I'd love to see how it unfurls..post an update in a couple weeks!

Happy birthday!

Bookmark   April 6, 2014 at 4:34PM
timhensley_gw

Great buys!! My peonies are only now breaking through the mulch. The hosta are showing no signs of life.

Bookmark   April 6, 2014 at 4:40PM
hippieindenial

Awesome deals! Good score :)
Vanessa

Bookmark   April 6, 2014 at 5:37PM
bernd ny zone5

Nice hostas to show pips now. I tried to get stumps out from 6 ft arborvitae which I just had cut down, could not because the ground is still frozen. No hosta pips either. Bernd

Bookmark   April 6, 2014 at 6:44PM
esther_b

NO hosta pips so far here in NYC. I am, however, seeing all but 2 of my heucheras showing tiny baby leaves in the middle. The only 2 that are not are Georgia Peach and Marmalade, the 2 largest of my heuchies. I went into my basement storage room today to soak my 6 held-over geraniums. Wow! I saw green on all of them! One of them even was growing a couple of tiny baby leaves. This was my first try at over-wintering geraniums, thus the thrill of seeming success. So I took them out of the basement storage room and potted them, then put them under artificial light in the living room. It's not the intense light of outdoors, but I hope to nurse them along for 3 more weeks til I can plant them outside.

Bookmark   April 6, 2014 at 7:40PM
Brandys_garden(6)

Those are nice... I am hoping my "bulbs" do something. I think 2 or 3 look like they might? (I got 5 of U. Medio Variegata.) Greenhouses aren't even up yet here... And even the box stores don't have any hosta or anything good right now. Probably another couple of weeks before they do.

Bookmark   April 6, 2014 at 8:04PM
mary4b(4b WI)

Nice! You just reminded me of a certain greenhouse that overwinters their pots and sometimes I get some great steals from them in the early spring....add'l pips in the pots, with last year's price tag. I remember I got some Eola Sapphires with 11-13 eyes each. I better get over there asap! I have the hosta bug really bad this spring.

Bookmark   April 7, 2014 at 8:10AM
don_in_colorado

Looks good, Mike. I think 'Striptease' is gonna explode out of that pot.

Don B.

Bookmark   April 7, 2014 at 8:49PM
miketropic

If I could have found a Liberty with that many eyes I would have gotten 2! I think both were good buys for the size

Bookmark   April 8, 2014 at 6:49PM
More Discussions
Who's going to the Annual AHS convention in Raleigh?
I live about an hour and a half west of Raleigh. Anybody...
zkathy
mulch around hostas. leaves, etc.
I have always read that you need to clean up the hostas...
steelskies
Anyone notice red leaf tips on 'Squash Casserole'?
Well, I did a day or so ago. Not just one or one eye,...
Moccasin
Private email to a poster
Now you CAN privately e-mail a poster...as I just now...
Babka NorCal 9b
Hi, guys!
I’ve been reading the hosta forum for a couple of...
jajoana
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™