Leola Fraim...

hosta_freak(z6 NC)April 19, 2012

Here's a pic of Leola Fraim,a nice medium sized hosta that no one ever mentions. I got it at Lowes,(yes Lowes) several years and it has been a good performer for me. Phil

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CindyCRNA(6a)

Oohhh, it's very pretty! Very nice looking plant. I have a confession.....I have a lot of Lowes hostas. They have always done well for me and I just found an Orange Marmalade there. I have not have issues with them but am guardedly optimistic. My problem now is I am now searching out the harder to find ones so I buy few from them any more.

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 5:46PM
Gesila(MI Z5)

Very nice Phil, and a very good photograph too. I just came in from the wet, cold gardens and it warmed right up!

Gesila

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 7:00PM
bkay2000(8a TX)

Yes, I also have many from Lowe's. None have been diseased - mislabeled, yes. diseased, no. I've worried and watched, but have had no problems.

What surprised me when calling the vendor for Lowe's is that they didn't even know if their plugs were from Europe. The dodo in their customer service department told me that she'd been there 10 years and they had had no problems. Of course they haven't - they grow out the plugs and sell them within a year or so. They probably wouldn't even know.

But, knowing me, if I go in there and they have something I want, I'll probably buy it.

Bkay

Bookmark   April 19, 2012 at 7:08PM
More Discussions
What have we ordered?
So far I have gotten a few new ones. What have you...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Better then 'June'
When making out your order list, you might want to...
DelawareDonna Zone 7A
HOSTAS TOXIC TO DOGS (and cats too)
I just discovered hostas are toxic to dogs. How did...
hostanista
is there a bacon forum .....?????
if there is.. i should have looked .. lol if there...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
When To Re-pot?
When is the correct time to up-pot a hosta? Is it when...
santamiller
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™