Double River Wye

marricgardensDecember 31, 2013

I thought I'd asked this before but if I did I can't find my old post so I apologize if this is a repeat performance. A few years ago I was going to buy DRW. The nursery owner asked me why I would want that one when there were so many nicer ones out there. She said DRW never did grow very well for her and it flowered for such a short time, I believed her so didn't buy it then but now I'm wondering. I've thought it might be a warmer climate daylily so I looked it up on ATP and it is hardy to -40. If there is anyone who lives in a colder zone, 5a or lower, and has this one, could you please let me know how well it does for you? BTW, I just checked her site and now she has it listed at $5/pot. Thanks. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year. Marg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Julia NY(6)

I don't think I've seen any negative remarks about it on my forum hop around the internet. Many people do not want yellows but I love them. They add a bit of contrast.
I, for one, love DRW and it grows great here and if anything survives our winters, especially this one we are experiencing this year, it is a keeper in my book.
I wish I could send you a double fan to try but since your in Canada it wouldn't be feasible. :-(.

Julia

Bookmark   January 4, 2014 at 5:19PM
marricgardens

Thanks Julia. I like the soft yellow color and the form. How long does it flower for you? I was told not very long so I didn't bother to buy it. Now I wish I had. Your picture is beautiful! Marg.

Bookmark   January 4, 2014 at 6:01PM
Julia NY(6)

According to my picture file for 2013 season, it starts blooming end of June and continued through end of July here in my garden.
Julia

Bookmark   January 5, 2014 at 1:13PM
grass_lover(z5a IA)

Double River Wye does well in my zone 5a. It's even rebloomed the last couple of years which is rare for me. - It was planted in 2010, so has made it through a few winters.

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 6:12PM
marricgardens

Great news! I'm also in Z5a. Thanks Marg

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 6:40PM
booberry85(5)

I'm your neighbor to the south (Syracuse, NY area), but I'm still zone 5A. I planted Double River Wye two years ago. It put on a good show and even was a rebloomer for me! I bought it in a lot from the Lily Auction.

Bookmark   January 19, 2014 at 5:57PM
More Discussions
Pauline Henry daylilies
I was brousing a couple of daylily sites the other...
Maryl zone 7a
Seedlings that you can't wait to see how they do this year
We all have some seedlings that we can't wait to see...
dragonflypond
I need help on plant choice for a narrow strip walkway 1' X 40'
I live in Southern California beach area. Currently...
anna
Voles and Snow Cover
With the great weather today I did some cleanup in...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
Best deer repellant?
I'm fairly new at daylillies, and I know that the deer...
bigack
Sponsored Products
Haeger Potteries Butterscotch Ceramic Tile Table Lamp
$99.91 | Lamps Plus
Beige Quartz Composite 50/50 Double Bowl Undermount Kitchen Sink - 33-1/16 x 18-
eModern Decor
60" Palmetto Creamy White Double Vanity Set
Signature Hardware
Ace Bayou 098 Fur Bean Bag Lounger - Black - 9804101
$44.85 | Hayneedle
Hudson Valley Lighting | Porter Wall Sconce
$376.00 | YLighting
Meridian Linen 42-Inch x 84-Inch Blackout Window Curtain Panel
$19.95 | Bellacor
WAC Double Mini Spot Light LED Remodel Recessed Housing
Euro Style Lighting
6" High Power Dimmable Fluorescent IC Double Wall Housing by Juno