Hallsons plants arrive

Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)April 29, 2012

I think I got them yesterday, and left them to soak a bit overnight. This morning they got potted up, Very nice every one of them. The bonus even with this small order, quite a nice Rosedale Golden Goose with one big unfurled shoot with about 3 small eyes at the crown.

The others were June, Paul's Glory, Queen Josephine, and Sentimental Journey. Since it is 4 + 1, I will show them all here together.

Sentimental Journey

Paul's Glory

June

Rosedale Golden Goose

Queen Josephine

Once again, pleased with the results, very well packed, no damage anywhere I could see. USPS is doing good too.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Johnsp(6b)

Wow those are some plants. Of all the online companies I've bought hostas from I don't think I've ever gotten plants that size except from Rob's Lakeside Hostas. A friend in Facebook just went to Hallson's and said they have a full 2 acre growing area you can walk through to choose your plants-nice.

Scott

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 6:14PM
caliloo(z6/7)

Gorgeous! I (heart) Hallsons!

Alexa

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 6:27PM
marquest(z5 PA)

Yep Hallson is the best you can order from.

You picked some beauties. June is my favorite Hosta.

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 7:15PM
Babka NorCal 9b

Ditto! And they answer e-mails darned near immediately. Some of my faves are the bonus plants they send. Regal Supreme, Diana Remembered, Lederhosen, Hacksaw, Blueberry Muffins, Ivory Necklace, June Fever, to name a few...

-Babka

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 8:33PM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Makes me remember how it felt to open the old boxes of Cracker Jacks, never knew what the toy was going to be.

The two other Hallsons orders were equally blessed. I had no idea that Alex Summers was such a gorgeous plant. And, Chris must have realized I had overlooked Avocado in my plantaginea collection, because it was the bonus for my first order. It sure is bright and happy looking.

So am I.
Smiles all over, out there in the garden following the shade pattern as it changes during the day.

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 10:41PM
weed30

I agree, Hallson's is the best. I only buy hosta from Chris and one guy on ebay. Both provide generous, gorgeous, HVX free plants. (so far, anyway...I don't know if the ebay guy tests, but wow...the plants!)

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 10:52PM
Cher(6 SW OH)

Beautiful plants from Hallson's and nice choices by you.
Cher

Bookmark   April 30, 2012 at 6:57AM
More Discussions
HOSTAS TOXIC TO DOGS (and cats too)
I just discovered hostas are toxic to dogs. How did...
hostanista
Wave Runner
Does anyone have Wave Runner? There aren't too many...
bkay2000
Hosta G 2014
I saw a sign that said "watch for children"...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
hostanista
potted hostas starting too early
Hi. I usually have my potted hostas in the garage (no...
esikko
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™