elvis, the new Mr. Food guy

mylab123(z5NW)January 19, 2013

I have seen the old Mr. Food's recipes here and there but none were appealing to me, due to overuse of prepackaged processed stuff, but today I saw the new guy demonstrate a recipe I thought sounded appetizing, save for the mayo which will be baked (yuk) - which he does say is an important ingredient, it sounds good to me:
the name of the recipe is "Seafood stuffed fish fillets", which looked to be a very fast and easy way to prepare what sounds like an interesting seafood dish.

Except for the breadcrumbs - for which I can figure no way around to substitute with something which would be low carb, no sugar - except to simply omit them entirely - it is a very very low carb, no sugar recipe.

If not on a very low carb and sugar diet though, its a heart attack on a plate sounding meal, but then none of the past recipes sounded particularly heart, sugar friendly.

If you missed it, I thought I would pass this along since you mentioned awhile back that it was a cooking show you enjoy, I went online, they have the recipes at, I think it was, Mr. Food.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mylab123(z5NW)

Sorry, I could have sworn I switched over to the other side. Obviously not!

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 3:24PM
Embothrium(USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA)

Most seafood is contaminated now. You have to choose certain kinds from certain regions to be assured of some safety. And the radiation from Japan may have reduced the pool of safe seafood even farther.

Claims are being made now that cardiovascular disease is due more to sugar than cholesterol. Both sugar and gluten have been identified as inflammatory agents that affect the brain.

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 4:27PM
elvis

Thanks, Mylab ;D

Yes, some of Mr. Food's recipes are bad. But I liked him anyway. Baking mayo: this can be wonderful. I have Ginger's Basil Tomato Tart from the Recipe forum and it is superb ;)

And easy!

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 4:38PM
Pidge

I love seafood but rarely eat it anymore. So much is farmed and full of chemicals, and so much is caught in contaminated waters. It's also the case that the ocean has been severely over-fished. Guess it's veggies and grains and a little meat (also full of chemicals!). I eat soup at least once a day--broth and veggies, maybe some pasta. I never heard of Mr. Food, to tell you the truth.

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 4:48PM
epiphyticlvr

I never heard of Mr. Food, to tell you the truth.

You missed nothing. The few times I saw him his recipes sounded and looked so unappetizing.

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 6:34PM
elvis

Well, epi, Mr. Food recently died (pancreatic cancer), so rest easy. He won't be presenting any more recipes to an unsuspecting public. Anyway, he was a fun guy to watch; he was syndicated here and I saw him every day for years and years.

Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 7:56PM
epiphyticlvr

May he rest in peace but I can't imagine why you would think that his death or illness would have any bearing on my opinion of the food he promoted when he was alive. It doesn't. To each his own.

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 6:05PM
bill_vincent(Central Maine)

Most seafood is contaminated now. You have to choose certain kinds from certain regions to be assured of some safety. And the radiation from Japan may have reduced the pool of safe seafood even farther.

bboy, always the bluebird of happiness.

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 6:21PM
elvis

Posted by bboy USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA (My Page) on Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 16:27

"Most seafood is contaminated now. You have to choose certain kinds from certain regions to be assured of some safety. And the radiation from Japan may have reduced the pool of safe seafood even farther."

Yikes! Japan nuclear cooties. Thank goodness (according to the gov't), the USA milk, air, and precip were still "below levels that are a public-health concern." Not okay, mind you, but...acceptable (back in 2011, anyway).

"Other U.S. agencies are also addressing concerns about whether radiation from Japan might affect
food production in the United States or in U.S. territories in the Pacific. The Environmental
Protection Agency (EPA) is continuously monitoring the nation�s air and is regularly monitoring
drinking water, milk, and precipitation for environmental radiation. To date, the results of EPA�s
sampling and monitoring have shown detected radiation below levels that are a public-health concern."

Bill's right: "bboy, always the bluebird of happiness."

Here is a link that might be useful: Congressional Research Service

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 7:09PM
epiphyticlvr

bboy has given current information, not from 2 years ago. Just this week there were reports that they have found fish with radiation levels more than 2500 times the legal limit.

An excellent source for information about seafood can be found through the Montery Aquarium's Seafood Watch.

Bookmark   January 20, 2013 at 7:51PM
More Discussions
#TedCruzCampaignSlogans
Top Trending Topic on Twitter Come on, Vgkg! This is...
enmc
President Obama is a psychopath and the US is like Nazi Germany
Presidential hopeful Ben Carson thinks Obama is a 'psychopath'...
momj47
Jeb prepared to be 3rd Bush to use Military in Iraq
This is from the article in the link But he has said...
enmc
When median incomes are down 15% there is no 'economic recovery'
Wisconsin is #1 in the US for shrinking middle class...
Lena M
George Zimmerman is a loose cannon!
Years ago, I wondered whether this might have been...
ronalawn82
Sponsored Products
Elvis Presley Guitar Mini FilmCells™ Framed Wall Art
$14.99 | zulily
Alexis Bueno 'Elvis in Vegas' Acrylic Wall Art
Overstock.com
FontanaArte | Elvis Table Lamp
YLighting
Elvis 10-Oz. Glass Set
$14.99 | zulily
Elvis Presley Limited Edition FilmCells™ Framed Wall Art
$44.99 | zulily