Bressingham Blue

Brandys_garden(6)April 11, 2014

I went back to the greenhouse and I picked up Bressingham Blue today to lighten my spirits about the devastating 90% loss of Luna Moth.... She is HUGE, as in her leaves. She only has one eye but still $6. I talked to Ed and he advised me to put her in one of my larger pots as she grows fast, in his experience. So I put her in the 12 incher and it still was only an inch from her root ball all around. She looks good. I put her on the patio as my anchor plant for now.
Here she is close up, her leaves are already pretty massive.

Side view

I put the blue butterfly on her to decorate her.

Whole view of patio hosta garden today.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_in_colorado

Looks like another good one, Brandy.

Hey, is that garden gnome moving around on his own? : 0

Don B.

Bookmark   April 11, 2014 at 7:35PM
don_in_colorado

Hey! wasn't your neighbor supposed to make you a kind of structure/platform for your pots? Like, last year? Was that you, Brandy? Or am I going senile?

Don B.

Bookmark   April 11, 2014 at 8:03PM
newhostalady Z6 ON, Canada

That looks like a really nice Bressingham Blue. I like the pot too!

Bookmark   April 11, 2014 at 9:04PM
Brandys_garden(6)

Thanks and yes he was but he never did... He said he ran out of materials? :( So I am going to make my own somehow.

I spent $10 total... So I bought another one, a mini... Look on other thread for which one. I got a 2 for 1 deal on it. So I had a good day!!

Oh, and look at the leaves on Guacamole... Looks like margins coming in on it, so I believe it's labeled correctly Woo hoo!!!

Bookmark   April 11, 2014 at 9:14PM
josephines123 z5 ON Canada

Your BB blows me away! That plant sure has presence!

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 2:08AM
Brandys_garden(6)

Thanks... I got the 1 eyed one because it was perfect in shape and color of leaves. They had some with 2 or 3 eyes but they looked scrunched together, plus they were $11. I love it!

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 2:13AM
don_in_colorado

The BB is something I'd want to get started with, straight into mother Earth's arms. It reminds me of my blue/green noidy plant. It's related to yours somewhere in the genetics. Maybe they're cousins?

This plants roots came in a box with the cryptyc title of sieboldiana. Well see how it does this season. : )

Don B.

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 2:22AM
Brandys_garden(6)

Thanks Don, but as I've explained before, the ground is NOT an option here for me. All around in the shade is solid cement or rock. The only soil and not much of it is where the oak tree is. Plus, it's not my land. And I am not allowed to on this side. The neighbors on the other side that are allowed to, do not have much luck with hostas in the ground here. I don't know why? I think a lot of it is because if it's heavy rain, we have standing water for quite awhile and it's very rocky and probably not much nourishment in the soil.... Might have something to do with the pH, too? I don't know? But, a lot of my neighbors have followed suit and gotten pots for their plants and have a lot more luck with all of them, including their hosta.

Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 3:43AM
harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania

Bressingham Blue is a great hosta here and my biggest. I don't see it listed as a giant, but it is taller, wider and has bigger leafs than anything else I grow. That includes Sagae, Blue Angel, Earth Angel and Krossa Regal. And it gets less sun than any of the above.

I can't post pictures because of my recent "upgrade" to Windows 8.

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 1:09PM
More Discussions
Advice for a Newbie Hosta Gardener
This past fall I planted four Blue Angel hostas on...
samnsarah
Whatever happened to...?
I did a google search for Rob Canning (is that his...
Babka NorCal 9b
Hosta choice - comments please
Thinking about either Humpback Whale or Blue Angel...
mxk3
Got pips?
I have been telling my hostas that there is no hurry...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
noid
Last year I got all excited over finding some Hosta...
Pieter zone 7/8 B.C.
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™