Anybody's Kerris going Wild???

pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)June 20, 2014

Hello Everybody,

Happy Summer. I've been enjoying (along w/ the pix of so many folks' gorgeous blooms, sigh...) that many of my Hoyas are putting on new growth. The Kerriis in particular have really been amazing. I have 2, in 2 different rooms. A week or 2 ago I noticed they'd each put on 3 new leaves in about 7-10 days time, large leaves, like the size of my palms. I thought that was a lot of material to produce in such a short time.

Well today, after work I come home to find that my hydro one, in full sun, West window put on another foot of vine & 3 peduncles, 2 budding up! I don't have pix yet, but am surprised & so excited. These guys came out of nowhere & FAST.

It's this crazy thing, pic from 2 yrs. ago, I can't wait. Of course I'll post updates. I noticed today, that this plant which has always had solid green leaves, now has some speckled leaves, which it never had before. Curious.

Good Growing everybody!

This post was edited by pirate_girl on Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 23:42

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denise_gw

Hi Karen! Glad to see your kerriis are producing monstrous growth! I've told my husband several times this spring that this seems to be a stellar year for my Hoyas. I've not figured out if it's good vibes, something in the air, the sunshine is brighter, or if I've gotten better at this. Whatever it is, I'm loving it!

Denise in Omaha

Bookmark   June 21, 2014 at 10:22AM
teisa(6)

Very pretty! I love Kerrii blooms. Please post pics when they bloom! Hopefully yours has reached the mature age to bloom more consistently.
Congratulations!

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 1:23AM
susancarol(7)

I agree that this seems to be a great year for hoyas. All the new ones, I've received this spring and summer are taking off really well. Even the ones I haven't been so successful with in the past,..

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 3:47AM
pirate_girl(Zone7 NYC)

Thanks everybody, it's interesting, semi-bizarre monster indeed.

Here's what it looks like now. Sorry for dark silhouette, but it was too dark or such bright glare, impossible to see.

The new growth is up on top, the climbing part.

Such cool, large leaves & their surprise

This is the only Hoya I've ever bloomed from scratch, so I'm extra thrilled. Here's hoping the rest of mine are paying attention!

It's really inspiring to see so many folks' plants & their spectacular blooms. Thanks for the shows everybody & Happy Summer!

Bookmark   June 22, 2014 at 12:56PM
More Discussions
Signs of life on a peduncle!
I need a bloom it's been a very long time. I'm having...
Liberated
Is this a hoya?
Don't know if it's a weed or a type of hoya. It's either...
Tanjil Wright
H. carnosa
I got these as cuttings from my father's plants, he...
tropicbreezent
Is it hoya?
Hi, I bought hoya carnosa seeds online. This is what...
hoyax
baby incrassata update cont'd.
And here are the babies...I know they're much too young...
shelley7950
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™