Candytuft

dian57(M-H Valley NY-5)May 13, 2005

I had a landscaper come in and tidy up some neglected spots in my yard. In the process, he enlarged a section of a bed against a fence that I had planted fully with clematis, hyperion daylily and candytuft as a groundcover.

Needing more candytuft to fill in the area, I visited Devitt's yesterday. $10 for each 6" pot. Wow. For $10 each plant, I wanted to know exactly how many I'd need so I went home to look over the area again.

On the way home, I passed The Landscape Shop on 17K and pulled in to check things out. Same size pots of candytuft--$3.99.

That's some difference. I bought a bunch and will be back today for more.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Boopadaboo

dian57 - is there only one Devitts? I was planning on going there tomorrow. Is the Landscae shop far from there?

Thanks for posting this info!

Michelle

Bookmark   May 14, 2005 at 9:52PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dian57(M-H Valley NY-5)

Devitts is in New Windsor on route 32. They changed things from years ago when I brought my boys to see Eggbert at Christmas time. Now there are two separate buildings--one for bulk landscaping supplies (mulch, stone, soil) and the retail building. They have a terrific selection and a great guarantee policy on live plants.

If you follow 32 toward Newburgh and make a left at the light on Broadway, you'll come to The Landscape Shop on your right. Broadway turns into 17K along the way. It's a good drive. You'll pass Stewart Airport on your left. The entrance is near exit 6 of route 84.

I like looking at their selection of statuary and garden accoutrements as much as their plant selection. It's worth the trip to see both places, have fun.

Bookmark   May 15, 2005 at 6:51AM
More Discussions
Baking Soda and Soil
Hello....Recently I have read that thinly applying...
joyce58
Best Roses for our area or forget it?
Has anyone had good luck with a particular variety...
tristate
Hudson Valley Home and garden tours?
I'm mostly on the New England board but decided to...
javaandjazz
What's your experience with tick bites this season?
I have been bitten about 5 times this season. I'm in...
susanzone5
Allegheny spurge, periwinkle and other
I'm looking for an evergreen groundcover that won't...
kitasei
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™