Recipe for mixed cherry tomatoes?

alison(6b/OH)September 24, 2012

Somewhere I've seen a recipe for a salsa-type condiment using mixed cherry tomatoes that took advantage of the different colors and shapes. I've got a bounty of beautiful mixed cherry tomatoes in yellow, bright red, dark red and plum color, and I can't find this recipe.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

I'm not sure which recipe you are referring to but mixed cherry-type tomatoes will work with any of the condiments or salsas. As long as you don't mind the skins you can use them just like you would regular tomatoes.

I know we have talked about using them in Annie's Salsa as well as in the many different recipes for tomato condiments from NCHFP.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: NCHFP - Tomato salsas and condiments

Bookmark   September 24, 2012 at 10:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alison(6b/OH)

Unfortunately, the recipe I was thinking of wasn't posted here -- it came from some book or canning magazine and is buried somewhere in the morass of papers in my house....

I just remember the accompanying photo was very pretty, with recognizable pieces of yellow, scarlet, and purple/green cherry tomatoes.

Thanks for the link, Dave -- rather than mess with that many tiny skins, I may end up just drying what I can.

Bookmark   September 25, 2012 at 12:04PM
More Discussions
Sterilizing jars and tools
Hello, I think I'm getting a little neurotic about...
giddyupgo
serrano peppers everywhere
I have so many serrano peppers this year it's amazing....
prairie_love
Roasting previously frozen peppers
Has anyone had any experience either oven roasting...
ekgrows
*&%$#@!!! Marmalade!
After the "Key Lime Rubber Marmalade" and...
gardengrl
New low fat way to make "creamy soup" !!!!!!
I got this from "Cooking Light" Most recipes...
nancyjane_gardener
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™