2,005 varieties

oldroser(z5)May 25, 2005

is what Northern Dutchess Botanical Gardens is offering this spring. 4 paks are $1.19 - other sizes vary. He had Stupice tomato plants for sale but I'm not sure how many are left. I got four for myself. Also mathiola bicornis which I haven't seen in years.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jayco(5b NY)

What tomato varieties have you grown that you like? (I know there's a whole tomato forum, but that's too advanced for me!) I just wanted some local advice on stuff available here. And what is Stupice, anyway?

Bookmark   May 26, 2005 at 11:59AM
oldroser(z5)

Stupice (pronounced Stew-PEECH-KA) is an extra early tomato, larger than a cherry but not full size which is supposed to have big tomato flavor.
I like Supersonic and have put in 15 plants of it. And this year I've also planted Big Rainbow (orange with red streaks), Opalka (plum tomato) and a couple of cherry tomatoes. And if I see a plant of Purple Cherokee I might try that again. Supersonic is relatively late, a main crop tomato (hybrid) with big fruit and tons of flavor.
I was not impressed with Big Boy or Celebrity which I've grown in the past but Beefmaster isn't bad. And you ought to try Sungold, everybody's favorite cherry tomato. The taste is incredible.

Bookmark   June 2, 2005 at 8:27PM
hosta_miser(z6b PA)

My wife loves Sungold, but I can't find any nursery that carries the plants and I didn't get seeds started in time this year. Anyone know where I can get it?

Joel

Bookmark   June 3, 2005 at 7:06PM
caitlin(z6 NYC)

You can get nice big sungold plants at mcenroe nursery on 22. It's between amenia and millerton; they have a lot of really nice vegetable starts for around $2.

Bookmark   June 4, 2005 at 1:01PM
More Discussions
Looking for lily of the valley and liriope
I live near Peekskill and in need of copious amounts...
kitasei
House plant pests
I heard that cold pressed neem oil is good for house...
cheryl64
anyone else experiencing bumblebees?
ok, so we've had flies. we've had lady bugs. we're...
robbiezone5
Dino Kale -- light in color. Ideas?
I put some of my dino kale from seed (1 month old,...
arobaina
Coyote Urine ....Woodchucks!
Yupp, its a real woodchuck problem! We have 4 babies...
joyce58
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™