Hudson Valley Home and garden tours?

javaandjazz(z6 CT)July 11, 2012

I'm mostly on the New England board but decided to hop over to here and seek some advice. We are thinking about taking a drive out to the Hudson Valley saturday and was wondering if there are any homes or garden tours around. We have been to the Vanderbilt mansion in Hyde Park and Lyndhurst Castle. What about Kykuit? Any other homes open for tours? I didn't see any Open Garden tours for this saturday yet. Besides the homes is there anything else we shouldn't miss? Thanks, Richie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susanzone5(z5NY)

Pick up a local newspaper like the Woodstock Times. They have all the garden tours listed.

There are many mansions along the Hudson River that are now open to the public, with beautiful gardens and grounds and trails. They are part of either the National Park Service or NY State parks or NY Preservation parks.

Bookmark   July 13, 2013 at 8:14AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
javaandjazz(z6 CT)

Thanks, since I posted this we have been to that area several times. Our next trip is in the late fall to Staatsburg to that huge mansion. Staying for two nights at a B & B this time. If you have any other places to offer that we shouldn't miss please post them. Thanks!

Bookmark   July 13, 2013 at 8:29AM
More Discussions
Will my Gold Cone Deodar Cedar turn Gold?
Hey guys, I live on Long Island, I purchased a Gold...
StuartLawrence
How to Kill Zoysia Grass Invading My Lawn?
What started out 12 years ago to be a few small round...
jay1951
Beneficial nematodes
I have a couple of questions. I've been invaded with...
klbz
tomatoes, please!
I'm looking everywhere I can think of for some home...
carress
Bulk lime and AG supply
I'm new to Ulster County and looking for an AG supplier...
upstatebhh
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™