NDBG closing August 31 until next year

oldroser(z5)August 24, 2006

Was at Northern Dutchess Botanical Gardens last weekend, filling in a few bare spots in my garden with some flowering plants (cheating, but it looks good!). They are closing the end of this month to reopen next spring.

I asked about heirloom tomatoes and he is going to have all the ones he offered this year plus some others. I am extremely pleased with Kellogg's Breakfast - a very tasty orange beafsteak and was glad to hear that I'll be able to grow it again in 2007.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
philomena(z 5A NY)

Are they open to anyone ? I thought I recalled a post somewhere that you had to be some type of member to gain access to NDBG end-of-season sales - anything to that ?

Thanks,
Philomena

Bookmark   August 25, 2006 at 4:01PM
lindz5(z5NY)

yes they are open to anyone, I highly recommend this place, I have never been disappointed. Make sure you go when you have time to browse the greenhouses, you never know what you are going to find.

Bookmark   September 2, 2006 at 8:37PM
oldroser(z5)

No end of season sale this year at all - and no memberships. If you call ahead there could be someone there but officially they're closed until spring.
They are planning on having more heirloom tomatoes next spring. I'm especially pleased with the Kellogg's Breakfast I got from them - a giant golden tomato just bursting with flavor.

Bookmark   September 4, 2006 at 7:28PM
More Discussions
Heritage Raspberries still not ready yet Sept 9th
Hi...anyone else growing Heritage Raspberries in the...
Greenhorn2
Bulbs/Flowers for Wet Soil
Greetings, I'm located in mid-Dutchess county. I've...
moosbrugger
Where can I buy straw?
Hello all. I'm in Lower Westchester (Dobbs Ferry),...
KGates
Coyote Urine ....Woodchucks!
Yupp, its a real woodchuck problem! We have 4 babies...
joyce58
Will my Gold Cone Deodar Cedar turn Gold?
Hey guys, I live on Long Island, I purchased a Gold...
stuartlawrence
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™