Snow!!!

klavier(Z7 Baltimore)November 12, 2004

This isn't happening.This isn't happening.This isn't happening.This isn't happening.This isn't happening.This isn't happening.This isn't happening.

Sorry momentary panic. For the next four to five months I will be staring at nothing but death in the garden, and I still have bulbs I haven't gotten to yet. Hope it warms up and I can get them in the ground. Where is global warming when you need it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
WestchesterGrower(Lower NY)

Haha, yup...First snow last night.

I have to say I love the cold parts of the season, as well as the growing season. From October to New years is my favorite time of the year. And yes, I still have bulbs myself to plant.

Bookmark   November 13, 2004 at 7:14AM
giniene(5aNY)

This just plain stinks! I haven't winter protected my roses yet and now they are all covered with this white garbage. I have about 3 inches out there, please melt quick. It is WAY too early for this, it really caught us all by surprise.

Bookmark   November 13, 2004 at 8:59AM
blackcat333(z6 NY)

I don't even know where this year has gone! Yesterday it was supposed to be raining all day but we had hail, sleet, and snow from 10 a.m. on.

I'm not ready for it!

Bookmark   November 13, 2004 at 10:29AM
oldroser(z5)

I had gotten in bags of cedar mulch to protect the roses - bags are still stacked, covered with snow and frozen.
On the other hand, when I looked out the other morning at that depressing drizzle, I said I'd really rather have snow and Lo and behold! an hour later it was snowing.

Bookmark   November 14, 2004 at 4:06PM
More Discussions
Dino Kale -- light in color. Ideas?
I put some of my dino kale from seed (1 month old,...
arobaina
How to Kill Zoysia Grass Invading My Lawn?
What started out 12 years ago to be a few small round...
jay1951
Help with new lawn
Have a new lawn that was put in with the new build...
Gurvy
Bulbs/Flowers for Wet Soil
Greetings, I'm located in mid-Dutchess county. I've...
dstone
tomatoes, please!
I'm looking everywhere I can think of for some home...
carress
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™