A Welcome Suprise!

moonwolf_gwJuly 12, 2010

Hi everyone,

Dad brought me home some two tomato cages for my hoyas that badly needed them. My new, huge diversifolia and RHP cuttings now are supported on the cages, and now I don't have to step over the vines! I'll post pictures later!

As for hoya updates, all my new cuttings are in the process of rooting out. No blooms so far except lacunosa (of course, when isn't it!) and it smells heavenly as always. A few of my hoyas (carnosa, shepherdii, motoskei and Chelsea to be exact) are getting a little yellowed from the sun. Motoskei has a bad case of sunburn though (leaves have patches on them) and I've been adding epsom salt to my watering can when I water them. The sun's been really harsh lately and they're showing it. Lacunosa and KP are a little yellowed too. My other hoyas, which get shade most of the day until late afternoon, are happy. Obscura and wayetti are out in the sun too,but are doing fine. Should I be worried?

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moonwolf_gw

Here's RHP and diversifolia on the tomato cages.

RHP

Diversifolia (some of the leaves on the upper/middle left belong to Red Buttons)

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 7:43PM
tigerdawn(7)

I never thought about using tomato cages before. I'll have to do that when some of mine get bigger.

Bookmark   July 13, 2010 at 9:14PM
walkerbunnie

Ya, what a great idea! I have a Latifolia that I definitely will be caging as it is so heavy. Thanks for the idea!
Valerie

Bookmark   July 14, 2010 at 8:12AM
More Discussions
baby incrassata update cont'd.
And here are the babies...I know they're much too young...
shelley7950
If i give this hoya fertilizer will it branch off?
I have this fishtail cutting that has 5 leaves and...
tlbean2004
Rehabilitating Problematic H. obovata
Hello. I acquired H. obovata sometime last autumn and...
fakechuchi
rooting in semi-hydro media
I am going to try rooting my next batch of cuttings...
greentoe357
succulent leafed hoyas
Would love to know from all of you which hoyas have...
pal123
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™