Growing Conditions for globulosa

lovingmy4babiesJuly 24, 2011

If you grow H. globulosa, could you please tell me what kind of conditions you are growing it in, and how the plant is growing? I'm curious how differently(or the same) everyone grows their plants. Thanks!

Deborah

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denise_gw(5)

Hi K&C,

I grow mine in hydroton and it's out in the GH, which is almost like outside conditions except it doesn't get rained on. It's a medium to fast grower for me, and never goes completely dormant. However, mine has yet to flower.

Denise in Omaha

Bookmark   July 24, 2011 at 8:40PM
lovingmy4babies

Thanks, Denise. I have mine inside, and it was growing very well in a northeast window, but for some reason, it seems to have stalled :/ Not sure what I did to cause it, either. I'm thinking of moving it to a protected western window to see if that helps.

Bookmark   July 25, 2011 at 12:13PM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

I don't have globulosa but have the (sister/cousin?) H. villosa. My guess is they have the same growing requirements, but not positive. I keep mine slightly moist, let it dry out a tad before I water it well. Have it in fast draining mix, gets bright indirect light(southern window)...I have Peduncles but NO buds have formed :o(

Bookmark   July 25, 2011 at 2:00PM
greedygh0st

I have mine next to my villosa. They're both in my fast draining mix and an eastern exposure. I let them dry out pretty well. I know there are some that say they are the same plant, but whatever the case, my globulosa is a lot more tolerant than my villosa. This winter, villosa and dasyantha had the same set of complaints and that was that they REALLY wanted to dry out. And they dropped a few leaves each to let me know that. The globulosa, on the other hand, seems pretty chill with whatever treatment it gets.

Bookmark   July 25, 2011 at 6:39PM
denise_gw(5)

I agree, GG. My villosa is a little fussy, but globulosa plugs along, happy as a clam, climbing all over the place. And I don't think they're the same thing at all, though they do have similarities.

Denise in Omaha

Bookmark   July 25, 2011 at 6:53PM
More Discussions
davidcummingii seedlings
I have too many davidcummingii x ? seedlings to keep,...
rennfl
Will a hoya cutting grow without the "tip"
Hi just recently acquired some hoya cuttings.. a lacunosa...
bkempress
In search of Shooting Star
Hi Everyone - I am just getting into Hoyas and I would...
Houndhome
Can i hang my Fishtail Hoya under a 42in roof overhang?
I have a nice full fishtail hoya i got back in early...
tlbean2004
Sponsored Products
Espen Ultron VEV6012MVHDA-10V-24 60W 12V Output Dimmable LED Driver
EnvironmentalLights.com
Michelle Parede Wall Fan by Matthews Fans
$763.80 | Lumens
Hubbardton Forge Dark Smoke Bar CFL 19" High Wall Light
Lamps Plus
Shower Curtain Unique from DiaNoche Designs by Carrie Schmitt - Howd You Get So
$89.00 | DiaNoche
Mission Captains Trundle Twin Bed
Overstock.com