kiwi munching criminal !

leafwatcher(zone 5)May 19, 2012

Captured ,caught,corralled !!

the Kiwi Full Monty muncher has been apprehended tried, and condemned to release at the park, or some dirt road ;)

While not yet big, he is evil and dangerous, not only did he intentionally chew plants, he was biting my live trap quite a bit also ;)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hostaLes(5)

Aw - how cute he would be - BEING CHASED BY A COYOTE OR A RED TAILED HAWK!

One of my SILs is a licensed breeder of Harris's Hawks. Do you want me to ask him if he contracts out for "critter control" for you? I guarantee you wouldn't have disposal problems.

Les

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 1:10AM
gayle0000(zone 5-Normal IL)

I hate rabbits and are my mortal enemy at the moment. They are thick this year in my parts.
Gayle

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 7:12AM
anniegolden(z7a)

Um... Leafwatcher, you do realize that there is no such thing as ONE RABBIT.

In my yard, I have renamed the compost pile. I now call it the rabbit feeding station.
Christine

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 8:56AM
CindyCRNA(6a)

I have one that size they are coming out to set a love trap for. My husband thinks it's "cute". He doesn't garden!

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 9:52AM
leafwatcher(zone 5)

Yes I am aware trapping season is probably not over yet ;)

But this little guy will be doing his eating somewhere else from now on !

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 10:49AM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

My little girl dachshund, Dixie, is becoming quite a huntress. She learned quickly not to bark if she wanted results. Now she is learning to approach slowly instead of making a mad dash toward the prey. Her focus is not rabbit this spring--they know better than come here these days--but squirrels. They are the ones who dig holes in the soft planting medium of the pots, and insert their prizes. I welcome Dixie's help with the squirrels.

My neighbor has the Have-A-Heart trap which she sets for the raccoons, rabbits, and squirrels, then releases them at the nearby former Air Force base, Brookley Field.

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 10:51AM
hosta_freak(z6 NC)

Earlier this year,a rabbit munched some of my tender sprouts on some hosta,but they have recovered well now. We have lots of rabbits here in my woods,but,until this year,they have never munched. Now,they are still here,but they have plenty of grasses to munch on,and never go after hosta. I think the reason they munched earlier,is because hostas came up a lot earlier this year,and they were hungry! We can only hope for a 'normal' spring next year. Phil

Bookmark   May 19, 2012 at 11:32AM
More Discussions
If you were to recommend only one hosta it would be........
If you could suggest only one hosta to others as a...
santamiller
Hosta F 2014
A dog thinks: Hey, these people I live with feed me,...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
halcyon vs bl wedgwood smackdown
did it work? halcyon blue wedgwood H as the typical...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
Hosta Tiara 2014
Question: There is an ancient invention still used...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Anyone get Flickr photos to work?
I've read through the attempts at getting photos to...
funnthsun z7A - Southern VA
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™