First official report and dot on the map

penny1947(z6 WNY)February 27, 2007

The first official report came in from a New Orleans bander. She recorded her first adult male in full gorget in Baton Rouge yesterday afternoon. She also had one (banded) at her home in Metarie. There is also a dot on the map for the first Ruby-throated in Houston......SO the MiGRATION HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN!!!!!

Penny

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
penny1947(z6 WNY)

I got so excited that I posted that the dot was for Houston but the first dot of the season is actually for the adult male that was identified in Baton Rouge La. The report in Houston is still unconfirmed.

Penny

Bookmark   February 27, 2007 at 7:32AM
surfingbirder

Just saw my first RT this year. I reported it...we'll see if it gets counted this year. He came to the Coral Honeysuckel which is loaded with blooms right now. I have to put the feeder up today.

David in Altoona, Florida

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 12:21PM
penny1947(z6 WNY)

Congratulations David. Florida is tough to get recongnized as so many hummers do overwinter there. You can also report it to Journey North

Penny

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 12:49PM
rachelleharris(z5/Lansing,mi)

It is carzy to hear that anybody HAS ANYTHING IN BLOOM. It is snow covered here in Michigan. It will be for a while. They are actually calling for a storm. But I did notice today that there is a smell of spring in the air. It has been such a crazy year here. My tulips and crocus's were break through in December. I hope they are comfortable under the snow.
I can't wait!

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 2:23PM
penny1947(z6 WNY)

I actually have one salvia and lantana in bloom...inside the house...sorry I couldn't resist. The lantana has been blooming for a month but i keep pinching it back and the salvia is on its second wave of blooms after pinching it back in Dec. My abutilon is about to bloom Oh and one cuphea cutting is blooming again too.

Penny

Bookmark   February 28, 2007 at 2:57PM
hummersteve

David--congrats, but If my memory serves me right they wont confirm the bottom half of florida. Im not sure where altoona is. Good luck.
Steve

Bookmark   March 2, 2007 at 12:01AM
More Discussions
needle and thread seeds
is anyone familiar with this flower? a friend's mother...
lenahall
Just checkin' in
I'm trying to like this "Houzz" thingy, but...
ctnchpr
Material for hummingbird nest
I saw this product/video online and I'm wondering what...
PFCMCL
Ants all over hummingbird feeder
New to N Calif, have many hummingbirds nesting in our...
mary11
Feeding schedule at weekend home
Greetings all, We get hummingbirds at our weekend home...
motherofdog
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™