Phoebe Site

ltlhbgrlFebruary 16, 2011

You may all know of this site, but it is amazing and I had to share - it has been my therapy this winter! It is a live web cam of a Channel Island Allen's hummer in CA that the host calls Phoebe. Her 2 latest babies have just flown the nest and she is already building another for the next batch. Find her at phoebeallens .com (with the w w w before and no space before .com - was not sure if sites would post.)

I hope you enjoy it/her as much as I have!! She is just gorgeous.

Here is a link that might be useful: Phoebe Allens Web Cam

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kokokat

Thanks for posting the link ltlhbgrl for those who might not be aware - Phoebe's live stream has sustained me now for four yrs.(seasons) until our beloved Ruby-throated hummers return to us once again in the spring!

Actually, Phoebe has refurbished an existing nest in the climbing rosebush. She sometimes re-uses an existing nest -sometimes builds anew - there are currently nine nests in the bush! Guess she was in a hurry this time, as there is already one egg!! First egg was laid yesterday, Feb. 21 @ 9:53 am PST or 12:53 pm EST and we are currently awaiting Egg #2!

I am just so grateful that Bea and Jay have successfully fledged! :)

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 10:15AM
ltlhbgrl

It was wonderful to watch such a successful clutch! I think it's a riot that they have found Mom in her new nest. Not quite ready to cook for themselves? ;)

I hope this next bunch is as healthy. I miss "my" rt's so much in the winter and Phoebe has been a sanity saver this snowy winter.

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 6:00PM
tuduloo(8)

I found the Phoebe web site about a week before Bea and Jay fledged. What a treat to see them fledge! I'm really looking forward to seeing the new babies from eggies to fledge! There are also some owl web cams that are really interesting and fun to watch!

Bookmark   February 24, 2011 at 7:14AM
More Discussions
Skeeters
Humer feeder too low so I dumpt it out to refill and...
mxyplx
Material for hummingbird nest
I saw this product/video online and I'm wondering what...
PFCMCL
Ants all over hummingbird feeder
New to N Calif, have many hummingbirds nesting in our...
mary11
what to do about bully rufous?
I have a Rufous visitng for the past week or so. He...
catwhiskas
Salvia Leucantha
The hummers and I are enjoying the Fall bloom of my...
mbrowne
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™