Ruby-throat migration has begun!

tom123_gwFebruary 27, 2008

Check out the migration map. They are here! You can start counting the days until they reach your house. Apparently they are a little early this year.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ctnchpr

That's great news!!! Last year, a pair arrived here in WTN on Mar 31, which is about a week earlier than average. Another 4 weeks, maybe...

Bookmark   February 29, 2008 at 9:44AM
lisa11310(z5 MI)

Yippeee. We are still under 2 feet of snow here in West Michigan so tell them not to hurry. I usually don't get them 'till the end of April and even then there is not really much natural food for them. Glad I came and checked in. I will be on the lookout for early arrivals and be ready with my feeders.

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 9:51AM
chescobob(z6b SEPA)

I'm waiting with excitement too. They should arrive in SW Chester County, PA, between the last few days in March and the second week in April. I'll have the nectar feeder filled for them the last week of March. Maybe a pair will nest here this year.

Bookmark   March 2, 2008 at 11:02AM
esrungg(5)

I can hardly wait.........its been a cold snowy winter here in west mich. I had my first last year on apr.29th..I saw on the migration map where they are already comming in way down south. hoo------rayyyyyyyyyy

Bookmark   March 4, 2008 at 3:30PM
aleksandras(7 NC)

Is it possible that they arrive to NC? Today I heard a buzz and saw something fly away very fast. I'm not sure what it was. I wonder if I should put my feeders up.

Bookmark   March 4, 2008 at 3:31PM
donnalovesblue

Glad I checked in...just realized I need to get my feeders up too! My first came mid March last year so I better hurry...by July and August, I have literally hundreds and spend each day cleaning and refilling feeders but it is SO worth it!!

There's nothing like seeing that first hummer of the season...can't wait!...thanks for the reminder..

Donna

Bookmark   March 4, 2008 at 6:23PM
blossom_in_the_sun(7b Garner/NC)

I am in Nc and cannot wait for their arrival!
I hope to attract more this year.
Teresa B

Bookmark   March 4, 2008 at 11:23PM
lisa11310(z5 MI)

Esrungg! Where in West Mi are you? I am in Blue Lake just North of Muskegon. Kind of where Muskegon, Oceana and Newago counties all come together.

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 4:45PM
esrungg(5)

Lisa......I'am near Greenville which is a little SE of you

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 7:29PM
mistymorgans

YEAH!!! I saw my first RT male this morning at the feeder. This is about 2 weeks later than last year, but they are here in NW. Volusia County.

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 8:04AM
lisa11310(z5 MI)

Esrungg, Greenville is pretty darn close, I have one person I have met on the Blue Bird forum that is in Sand Lake.....even closer to you I think. I have Family in Greenville with the last name of Krenz..(x inlaws, but still loved). :) No hummers here yet thank goodness although we are starting to thaw out!

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 7:49PM
More Discussions
Salvia Leucantha
The hummers and I are enjoying the Fall bloom of my...
mbrowne
Cleaning feeders
I have a question about how to clean mold out of the...
Jenn.B
Just checkin' in
I'm trying to like this "Houzz" thingy, but...
ctnchpr
Re-post from vine forum-Coral Honeysuckle
I posted this in the vine forum but thought it might...
hbwright
So sad - Found one of my Hummers dead
Well, actually I didn't find him. My husband did. I...
ladyamity
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™