Your most frequent bloomers

MojaveLove(5 - IL)August 24, 2012

My compacta has its first bloom after two years (and growing a lot!) and I would like to get another hoya before the cool weather arrives, particularly one that is an easy bloomer. Please share what your most frequent bloomer is and the culture it is in.

Mine would have to be able to tolerate direct sunlight (compacta gets a little light green and spotty where the light hits but seems to love it, grows like a weed), some heat and humidity in the summer and cooler dryer temperatures in the winter. I also have a carnosa but looking for something else.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
golden_ca_2000(BC Canada)

Besides my Lacunosa...My most frequent bloomer is Hoya tomataensis - the fragrance is lovely too!

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 10:28AM
patrick51(5)

Mojave; continuous bloomers for me are: H. lacunosa, H. davidcummingii, H. multiflora, H. finlaysonii 'Large Leaf'.

Golden, how do you get H. tomataensis to bloom...I have 3 of them and never a single peduncle! How much heat, light, water do you provide? Thanks in advance! Fondly, Patrick

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 5:22PM
golden_ca_2000(BC Canada)

Dont really do anything special.... I originally had it in my corner East/south window... basically on a table away from the window.... but it gets alot of light... It had at least 12 peduncles on it and it flowers non stop... I probably water it 2 a week but I never soak it... and the heat would be normal household temperatures - well in a hot window... Anyways then I decided to move it to my garden window which is East... but gets direct sun in the mornings... I fertilize it here and there... not really any method.. sort of diluted fertilizer almost every time I water... IN the SUMMER only... I sometimes use 20 20 20... I change up to 15 30 15 and sometimes I even use my schultz Bloom plus 10 60 10.... So I kinda give it everything - lol... How old are yours Patrick? I have had mine for about 3 years but I did start it from a cutting... Anyways GOOD LUCK Patrick! Im sure you will love the fragrance... the only lousy part is - the flowers only last about a day or so....

Bookmark   August 24, 2012 at 11:15PM
rennfl

My two best bloomers other than DS-70 and lacunosa, are camphorifolia and limoniaca. Both are constantly in bloom all summer long.

Here's a pic of my camphorifolia

http://www.orchidsnhoyas.blogspot.com/2012/07/hoya-camphorifolia.html

Renee

Bookmark   August 25, 2012 at 7:55AM
More Discussions
davidcummingii seedlings
I have too many davidcummingii x ? seedlings to keep,...
rennfl
Can i hang my Fishtail Hoya under a 42in roof overhang?
I have a nice full fishtail hoya i got back in early...
tlbean2004
Hoya mac "nesbit river"
Even though is only one flower i am excited to see...
sweethearth2015
What hoya is it? Pleace help ID!
I've got this cutting and I really want to know what...
Yuriyaa
Krimson princess question
I've had this hoya for about 6 months or so. Lately...
loveofbostons
Sponsored Products
Pink & White Bloomers Apron
$18.99 | zulily
Night Bloomers Throw Pillow
$29.99 | zulily
Structure Beige Bloomer Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$306.95 | Bellacor
Bloomers Decorative Feather Filled Throw Pillow
Overstock.com
Bloomer Tan Hand-tufted Wool Rug (8' x 11')
Overstock.com
Night Bloomers Throw Pillow
$29.99 | zulily
Pink & White Bloomer Apron - Kids
$12.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™