Need Help

daletteAugust 17, 2010

My Hindu Rope has been doing wonderful for the year I have had it ...i have changed nothing it seems to be shriveling up the leaves..it is not droping any leaves just shrivel but not all parts...It has no bugs is watered perfectly...I even tried the peroxide water recommendation on here...It still is getting new growth just the shrivel part outside in the shade some morning sun....What can i do will it ever be plump again....I an so sad..i love this plant....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
SRQHoyas(6)

Hi Dalette,
Funny...I noticed my H. compacta shrivels up about every other month or so. This morning I took it down and put it into a tub or water...stems an all. I'll leave it there for a couple of days ...until it is back to it's plump self. My clay pot is a 6" and the rope is about 6 feet long with many stems growing out the sides..and blooming too!

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 12:36PM
dalette

thank you for answering....Does that help? mine iis 6in pot and about 3 feet long...Will the plumpness come back if i do this...

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 1:31PM
PRO
SRQHoyas(6)

yes...I'll leave it there for a couple of days ...until it is back to it's plump self.

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 3:33PM
grmadarr(8a)

lucielove; You mean you put the whole plant (pot and all) in the water? Do you do the same if you would want to give the soapy water treatment? Thanks

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 4:37PM
angeleyedcat

I water my hoyas by placing them in the bottom of my bathtub then shower them with barely warm water, truly soaking them leaves and all. The water then drains completely out of the tub and I let them sit for an hour or so to enjoy the humidity before I put them back in their places. My Hindu Rope absolutely loves this treatment. If one is blooming it will go in the shower but I try to keep the water from the shower head away from the blooms. I have never tried soaking any plant in water for days.

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 4:54PM
PRO
SRQHoyas(6)

yes...This morning I took it down and put it into a tub of water...stems an all.

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 5:24PM
dalette

Does the water cover the top of the pot and all??/

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 6:04PM
PRO
SRQHoyas(6)

Oh my...no...I don't drown the plant...I sit it in there so the water provides humidity and the pot is mostly submerged...clay pot...so the roots can help themselves to as much water as they need to recover. I do this regularly with many of my plants since it's inevitable that at least 10 plants/week need more water than I provide.

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 6:51PM
tigerdawn(7)

I don't have much experience with this but the KQ that my inlaws had did it. The plant hadn't been repotted in many years and I had to restart it from cuttings because the roots were too far gone.

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 7:31PM
dalette

Thank you lucielove for all your help...sorry about the lack of knowledge on my part...duh...lol

Bookmark   August 17, 2010 at 9:00PM
More Discussions
My First Hoya Adventure
Hi everyone, over the past few months I have been lurking...
SnowStorm
Hoya?
Anyone know the name of this Hoya...about 3cm flower?...
marleneann
semi-hydro compared to gritty mix
EDIT Jan 28, 2015: this is an old thread, but I updated...
greentoe357
extending bamboo life
Do you dip these into anything to extend their life?...
greentoe357
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™