Just an overall view of my shade garden

plantgnome(6b//7)May 28, 2012

Here is my shade garden in the early morning sun this is where most of my Hostas reside along with assorted ferns and a few Heuchera.All that dark greenery in the back is freakin Ivy that crept over from the neighbors yard, I cut it back every month. Time to do some ripping out.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Nice garden, too bad the privacy fence did not keep out the ivy. Next picture, show us what is off to the left, where the pathway leads. Every path needs to have a destination, not always visible, so it leads us onward. Like your arbor too.

Hang a cheap string hammock over there to the right where the three trees create a triangle, might never use it, but it puts a people spot into the picture.

Are you using big limbs to border your beds? It seems so anyway, and a great idea in a woodland setting.

Bookmark   May 28, 2012 at 9:12AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plantgnome(6b//7)

Yes I use big limbs and odd branches for decor, the path leads to the Empress Wu, Blue Angel & around the bend Komodo Dragon, all babies right now and Also a Matteuccia Fern called "The King" also a baby. second photo is around the bend to a work still in progress more room for Hostas and some other shade plants. Taking me a couple of years to complete each section money wise, lost job etc. But will get there eventually.

and

Bookmark   May 28, 2012 at 9:52AM
More Discussions
Not sure this has been posted in awhile Papou's Gardens
He was gone before I joined the site, but he had some...
leafwatcher
Always trying something new !
Well, if all your prime planting spots are full.. You...
leafwatcher
NH hostas here
Doesn't look like much but in a month it will. Excited...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
is there a bacon forum .....?????
if there is.. i should have looked .. lol if there...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
Wave Runner
Does anyone have Wave Runner? There aren't too many...
bkay2000
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™