Explosive new growth :)

flower_baby(southern oregon)August 18, 2013

I just wanted to share some pics of my hoyas summering outside since they have all exploded with new growth :)

The hoya kerrii is 2 plants I just planted together in 1 pot, the looooong new vine is coming out of the plant Denise on Omaha sent me a few months ago. All of the new growth just started 2-3 weeks ago!

The Hindu rope I've had for 2 years and it hasn't grown an inch until the last couple weeks it just started showing new growth tips.

The hoya obovatas I just ordered and already have some new leaves.

Hoya latifolia hasn't started showing new growth yet, but I just repotted all of them and that usually gets them growing for me :)

Then there is my grandmas old plain hoya that is my favorite but sadly got badly sunburned in the car and I lost about 75 percent of it :( I included a before picture of what it used to look like.

Anyway, enjoy!

And a couple randoms...

Sorry they all ended up sideways :(

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Klea(4b)

Nice collection of hoyas and succulents you have there. Oh, and I really LOVE the spotted ... begonia, is it?

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 8:48PM
flower_baby(southern oregon)

Thank you! And yes, those are begonias. Some of my new favorites. One is begonia "flamingo queen" and the other is begonia maculata "wightii".

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 9:02PM
teisa(6)

That are very pretty plants! I love the Hindu Rope and are those Epiphyllum? Gorgeous! What color are the blooms? Thank you for sharing! My Kerrii is about to bloom also :).

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 10:55PM

Thanks, yes the first epiphyllum is an unknown color, and the second is a night blooming cereus which has white blooms.

Bookmark   August 18, 2013 at 11:04PM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

Very NICE and all so healthy!! Congrats on the blooms on your Kerrii. You do have a nice collections of plants :o)

Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 4:29PM

Thank you puglvr1, the kerrii has boomed 3 times since I got it in march! These buds are about ready to fall off, and it already looks like new ones are getting ready to bud up :)

Bookmark   August 19, 2013 at 8:28PM
greedygh0st

Your kerrii looks nice in a hanging basket. I think I'm going to grow mine this way, too. I've been keeping it SO close to the lights so maybe the growth would stay more compact, but idk how well it's working...

Sorry to hear about your grandmother carnosa burn, but it looks like it's in good shape now. (Nice save.) I bet it reaches the original size in a couple years, growing outdoors in such a good spot.

Bookmark   August 20, 2013 at 11:31AM

Thanks greedyghost, I prefer the Kerrii in a hanging basket also. They grow pretty wild and it hard to get them to look compact :/

The parts I saved of my grandmas Hoya are pretty healthy ad have new baby leaves, but haven't started to branch off and vine yet, fingers crossed!!

Bookmark   August 21, 2013 at 3:41PM
More Discussions
ciliata and coronaria
I had mentioned last fall that I had read somewhere...
rennfl
Hoya ID Needed
I just bought this beautiful plant at a local garden...
HoosierBob SW Indiana Zone 5
testing testing....
Are you guys uploading photos from your computer, or...
shelley7950
Hoya Krimson Queen with her crown
This is a 15 year old plant , she has never bloomed,...
smi2
Sponsored Products
Arteriors Home - Ozzie Lamp - 46736-776
Great Furniture Deal
15" x 108" Runner
$59.90 | Horchow
Vigo Kitchen All-in-One Undermount Stainless Steel 30x9.875x10 in. 0-Hole
Home Depot
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Courtyard Natural Brown/Blue 5
$76.78 | Home Depot
New Oriental Geometric Blue & Ivory Kazak 3'x5' Hand Knotted Wool Area Rug H3464
BH Sun Inc
Kent 20 in. Rock Candy Bike - 32029
$124.99 | Hayneedle
Alliyah Handmade New Zeeland Blend Hand-tufted Brown Square Rug (5' x 8')
Overstock.com
New York Yankees Double-Sided Bottle Stopper
$7.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™