Welcoming hummers to North East Ohio

megaul(Z5OHIO)April 8, 2007

I put my feeders out last week, 'just in case'.

Haven't seen any yet, and don't think I'm going to see any today...Easter, April 8th in North East Ohio, just off Lake Erie.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
retired_al

I was in question as to whether Rubys liked pop-cicles here in northern Illinois and have been bringing the feeders in every night during this cold front. You might consider asking if hummers like snow cones.

We got up to the mid-50s today but southers WI is expecting heavy wet snow tomorrow. Hope it stays up there.

Al

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 4:22PM
kristin_williams(6)

Those are just too cute! Thanks for posting the pictures.

We're still not back to normal temperatures here in southwestern Pennsylvania, but I think we're finally starting to turn the corner. Our highs had not climbed above freezing for days, but today we soared into the 40's. Wow! I guess by now that snow has melted off your feeders--at least in the daytime. (Smile). By Saturday, it's supposed to return to the 60's and night time temperatures will no longer be below freezing. That should get those hummingbirds moving again.

That said, did you notice another dot or two on the migration map? The one that amazes me is the one in extreme northern Indiana near the Michigan border. That was on Sunday the 8th, and temperatures must have been pretty brutal there. It's good to see that someone was surviving the bitter weather.

Here is a link that might be useful: Yet again, that darn Hummingbird Migration Map!

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 5:54PM
penny1947(z6 WNY)

megaul
I am not too far from you and the ealiest I have seen my hummers return was on April 28th.two years ago. With the weather this year, unless we get a really nice southern breeze from the gulf, I am thinking sometime in early May. Some will be heading our way via Lake Erie once they come up the Missippippi flyway

Penny

Bookmark   April 11, 2007 at 10:58AM
More Discussions
RBTH Migration Map
Hooray, they are on their way!!!!!! http://www.hummingbirds.net/map.html...
shillanorth Z4 AB
What early annuals should I get?
What are early blooming annuals hummingbirds like?...
shijitake
Material for hummingbird nest
I saw this product/video online and I'm wondering what...
PFCMCL
Just checkin' in
I'm trying to like this "Houzz" thingy, but...
ctnchpr
how to germinate Seven-Up plant
Howdy, To attract hummingbirds to my Zone 8 coastal...
seedmoney
Sponsored Products
Jeffan Nancy Wall Lamp - LM-1686B
$381.81 | Hayneedle
AHB Canterbury Bar Stool - 130114
$229.95 | Hayneedle
North Home Parker Brown Sheet Set
$69.99 | zulily
North Home Trellis Sheet Set
$69.99 | zulily
Rechargeable Battery Ultra-fine Goose Neck Arm Touch Dimmer Table Lamp
ParrotUncle