101 things to make with zucchini or summer squash
Come on folks, help me out! I doubt I can come up with more than 10, but maybe you can add to the list and keep it going? I still have zuchs that sneak up on me and turn into baseball bats before I can see them....so many zucchinis and summer squash this year!
I will start. If any of the recipes sound interesting just ask and I can post them here.
1. Zucchini bread
2. Cream of zucchini soup (can be served cold or hot)
3. Chow chow relish
4. Zucchini cheese pie in a potato crust
5. Add some to minestrone soup
6. As an ingredient in ratatouille
7. Summer squash hummus (yellow summer squash works well)
8. Pick them as babies and slice them thin, use raw in salads
9. Beer batter fry them
10. Tempura them
11. Pick the flowers, use them in squash flower quesadillas
12. Grate them with carrots and add to my beloved chihuahuas food (yes, my dogs love carrots and zucchinis and yes I cook for them - they say garden carrots are much better than commercial carrots....)
13. Cut them in 1/4 inch slices and dehydrate them or sun dry them. Use them in backpacking food recipes.
14. As an ingredient in vegetarian paella.
15. As an ingredient in gumbo.
Hey, that was more than 10...LOL...I might think of more latter, my lunch break is over, please add more!