Black and Blue Salvia

christy2828(8a)May 9, 2007

Just placed an order at Burpee for Black and Blue Salvia. It was a 3-pack for 15 bucks. They arrived in excellent shape and packaged nicely. Just wanted to share :) Christy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
down2earth

I moved most of my Black and Blue Salvia out of my flower bed because it was taking over. It leafed out and has looked great for a few weeks. Today all the plants that I transferred look very droopy and wilted. I hope they just need more water. I noticed that my Mexican sage (or it salvia too?) is already blooming.

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 12:49AM
penny1947(z6 WNY)

down to earth, Your transplanted B&B need shade until the roots get established and can take up moisture on their own. Put something in front of them or over them to give them shade for a few days. Sometimes I will put a taller potted plant, lawn chair or small patio table in front of or over my transplants to shade them for a few days and then they won't wilt.

Penny

Bookmark   May 10, 2007 at 5:20AM
christie_sw_mo(Z6)

I agree you need to shade transplants for a few days at least. I borrow leafy branches from the nearest tree or shrub and angle them a little to hang over the plant if I can.

Bookmark   May 11, 2007 at 2:08PM
hummersteve

I notice some of my bigger plants still in pots were in the sun, the leaves were starting to wilt so I moved them into the shade quickly and I noticed later that the leaves were standing tall again, salvia bonfire and subrotunda.

Bookmark   May 12, 2007 at 12:11PM
More Discussions
What Are The Very Best Hummer Attracting Plants In Your Garden?
What Are The Very Best Hummer Attracting Plants In...
taupe79
Cleaning feeders
I have a question about how to clean mold out of the...
Jenn.B
Reminscing
Just dreaming of what`s to come on this frosty (0 F)...
shillanorth Z4 AB
Just checkin' in
I'm trying to like this "Houzz" thingy, but...
ctnchpr
Skeeters
Humer feeder too low so I dumpt it out to refill and...
mxyplx
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™