Millennium

franknjimMay 4, 2012

Anyone growing it?

I was given a second or third year TC of it last year. It is from a cross of 'Herb Benedict' x 'Sagae'. Herb Benedict is from a cross of 'Dorothy Benedict' x 'Tokudama Aureonebulosa'. The HL states that it is a slow grower which must be from the Tok lineage.

I was just wondering how this grows for others. Is it one that I should just stick to the side and wait 20 years or does it deserve a place of prominence?

Here is a link that might be useful: Millennium on HL

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

jim wilkins with sandy .... saw the biggest one they ever saw.. in my yard.. jim didnt even recognize it ...

it is one of the fastest giants i ever grew ... but its bed of aged horse manure might make a difference ...

it definitely does not favor its toku heritage ... IMHO

ken

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 11:38AM
franknjim

Ken, are you growing Wu too? If so, how does the growth rate compare? The one good thing about where I have my Millennium planted is that it is across the driveway away from the Maples and their lovely roots.

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 11:44AM

i dont know if i have wu to pitch ... if i got one recently .. its tiny .. seems i have some recollection of someones generosity ..

ken

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 12:08PM

i cant believe.. overnight.. this post fell half way down page 2 .. wow ...

i was messin with you.. not posting a pic.. and apparntly you didnt even notice.. whats that all about ... lol

ken

shall i presume.. those cherry tree spore are driving you insane.. no wonder you dont jump in the car and come clean it off.. lol .. dont bother.. pix from 2008/9

Bookmark   May 5, 2012 at 8:55AM
mary52zn8tx

One of my favorites. Mine has been on the slow side, but it is one of the few that returned in the second year with big leaves.

Bookmark   May 6, 2012 at 8:26AM
More Discussions
Pips in Sweden
I think the USA got our winter by mistake this year...
stoc zone 6 sweden
NH hostas here
Doesn't look like much but in a month it will. Excited...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
What have we ordered?
So far I have gotten a few new ones. What have you...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Wave Runner
Does anyone have Wave Runner? There aren't too many...
bkay2000
Here's how to enter your zone on Houzz
I noticed that my zone didn't show up since the move...
santamiller
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™