Best Oriole Feeder Suggestions?

Eric580June 10, 2013

Hello! My nectar Oriole Feeder just broke because it fell and I was wondering which are the best oriole feeders on the market? Are the ones shaped like hummzingers good? Also how long can I keep them in my neighborhood (first two housees away from me)? Once they leave that little area they go to an empty lot where there are wild berries.Please help. Thanks in advance.

This post was edited by Eric580 on Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 8:46

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
spaceman13(6b)

Eric580
I don't know about Oriole feeders, I've never seen one in my area. I have a Hummzinger for the hummers and I absolutely love its ant/bee/wasp free design. I'd have to assume their Oriole feeder would be just as good. Just my $.02 FWIW

Good luck getting them to stay though! It's nice to be able to watch the wild creatures so close and keep them feed and sheltered!.

Sunday I watched a pair of Cedar Waxwings shredding my coco fiber hanging basket. They were so close I could hear their faint high pitched squeeky communication!

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 10:13AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Eric580

Thanks spaceman13! I have a hummingbird feeder on my porch and its only a few feet away from the kitchen table. Its so fun to watch them eat as we eat:) I hope they stick around. They usaully stay for the wild strawberries a few days. I will put out oranges untill I get the feeder.

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 12:06PM
More Discussions
Salvia Leucantha
The hummers and I are enjoying the Fall bloom of my...
mbrowne
Re-post from vine forum-Coral Honeysuckle
I posted this in the vine forum but thought it might...
hbwright
So sad - Found one of my Hummers dead
Well, actually I didn't find him. My husband did. I...
ladyamity
Hummingbird Sounds
I'm trying to see how close I can get the camera to...
tmc2009
Anna's HBs now visiting
I have Allen's hummingbirds all year, and in the summer...
publickman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™