Misters

jay733June 1, 2010

I remember seeing a video on a hummingbirds using a mister, does anyone know of this video and can post a link to it? Anyhow I was wondering what kind of mister I should get for my flower bed. I think the mister that was used in the video was one that stood on tall poles through out the garden and sprayed mist, but not sure what kind that mister was.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob_a(9)

Jay, I bought a mister last year and my hummers ignored it. I was really surprised that they could resist the cool refreshing mist. I think it's because they don't see it.

I've a friend here that puts a gentle sprinkler out and her hummers like the small spraying droplets. They fly back and forth through it. And they can see the spray better.

Bookmark   June 4, 2010 at 6:16PM
lucypwd(z8PNW)

the hummers fly back and forth through the spray from our inground lawn sprinklers. It's a heavy duty spray, but they love it. I have a mister but don't use it because there is no way to regulate it so that it doesn't waste water.

Bookmark   June 7, 2010 at 1:20PM
eigdeh(z6 NJ)

I have a mist setting on my multihead garden nozzle. A few times I tied it up with it wedged on, but never saw a hummer use it. I was thinking about getting one of the dedicated mister nozzles.

I was able to regulate the mist by almost turning the knob that leads to the hose completely off. They also make hose timers. Some go by volume and some have an actual minute type timer. For mist setting I would think the volume types would be worthless, but the one that you can set a minute time limit would probably work great.

Ken

Bookmark   June 7, 2010 at 1:45PM
More Discussions
needle and thread seeds
is anyone familiar with this flower? a friend's mother...
lenahall
Re-post from vine forum-Coral Honeysuckle
I posted this in the vine forum but thought it might...
hbwright
What early annuals should I get?
What are early blooming annuals hummingbirds like?...
shijitake
First rufous of the season just visited...
What a treat. I just looked up to see the first rufous...
morz8
RBTH Migration Map
Hooray, they are on their way!!!!!! http://www.hummingbirds.net/map.html...
shillanorth Z4 AB
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™