Liddle order arrived

gplainshoya(midwest zone 6 us)September 10, 2012

So excited to get my small order from Iris Liddle. Soon I post pic if I can remember my photobucket acct. I only got 4... hoya IML 1168 kalimantan, hoya benguetensis, hoya IML 1391, and Hoya IML 1101. All of them have beautiful read leaves...except Kalimantan.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Klea(4b)

Congratulations on the new arrivals! :) Some beautiful hoyas you've got there!

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 11:09PM
tropicbreezent

I put in an order with Liddles a few years back and was really pleased with what arrived.

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 8:00AM
denise_gw

I thought it was very expensive to do an individual order. I remember reading somewhere it was about $140 in shipping and phyto, which is why I thought there were group orders. Has something changed??

Denise in Omaha

Bookmark   September 11, 2012 at 10:05AM
gplainshoya(midwest zone 6 us)

Here are some crappy photos of my cuttings. My camera is down and I am waiting to get a new one...so please pardon the poor resolution of these from my iPhone:

soaking:

h. sp.kalimantan IML 1168

h. IML 0772 benguetensis

h. IML 1101 hellwigiana

h. IML 1391

Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 12:31PM
gplainshoya(midwest zone 6 us)

thanks all for the comments...these cuttings were as fresh as just cut...and generous. I feel very honored to have been able to do this...as I will only do this once (LOL) because I now have 30-40 hoyas and I do not have a GH to put them in...but...as an artist (sculptor) I am a sucker for color, texture and good smells. :-)

@ Denise...I got on a group order with some friends...

thanks gplainshoya

Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 12:35PM
Asterope(SE Queensland, Australia)

Kalimantan looks amazing - Thats on my list now!!
I really should get around to a liddle order... hmmmm... hurry up pay-day!

Bookmark   September 13, 2012 at 12:02AM
greedygh0st

Great order, Laura! I personally think hellwigiana and 1391 are two plants that should be in everyone's collection. Just gorgeous. It's like having fall leaves year round.

I was also in this order and overall my order looked more dog-eared than last year, but all of them turned right around and put roots out. Presumably fueled by yummy Australian energy. Here's a shot of them taken a week after their arrival. See? You can't even tell they ever looked pathetic and dropped a bunch of leaves.

There are a lot of nice plants in there, but amusingly the one I'm most excited about is multiflora. Yes! Finally I have both javanica-or-something and multiflora. I also got another deykae. Am I a glutton for punishment or what?! I'm hoping that starting the plant from a cutting in my conditions will be the key to having a nice loving plant like Denise's.

As you can see, I chose to root them in hydroton, sitting in a dish of water atop a heating mat. I'll be transferring them to soil in the long run though.

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 2:59PM
More Discussions
update on baby incrassatas
First of all, here's "mama"...yes, I know...
shelley7950
A little O.T., but relevant...
I've always been a little frustrated by the quandary...
denise_gw
Free to a good hoya home near East TN
O hoyaphiles, I am filled with angst. It's been a long...
ohmybloomers
Bragging on the hubby (photo heavy)
Ever since he made this wonderful shelving system,...
aurorawa
Signs of life on a peduncle!
I need a bloom it's been a very long time. I'm having...
Liberated
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™