Long time no post....Hi Again!

crueltyfre(Tampa 9a heat 10 sunset 26)December 2, 2012

Hey everybody, how have you been? Been months since I've been here, glad to see the new changes, wow, loving the edit and photo improvements. Anything else of earth shattering importance I've missed?
Those that knew my situation probably have guessed correctly that dad passed quietly over the summer.
For about a month before, and for many months after that, the garden was ignored, and now it's a mess. Too little rain, too much rain, weeds overgrown, diva plants ignored, etc. It's gone feral, lol. So now I'm feeling like gardening again and my first stop was my favorite group of gardeners...missed you all! Ok, now, out to pull weeds and hack back the shrubs...I know there's a sidewalk out there somewhere.
Lori

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
thonotorose

Condolences to you, Lori, on the passing of your Dad. You did a wonderful job helping him over these past years.

May your garden bless you again soon.

Veronica

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 12:31PM
saldut

Hi Lori- sorry abt. your Dad, he was such a sweetheart, and you are such an Angel to look after him the way you did, my heart goes out to you... this is a good time to work in the garden, cooler and less humid, and it is a healing occupation....keep us posted on what you are up to and welcome back....love, sally

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 5:15PM
keiki(10 FL)

Lori I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your dad was very fortunate to be blessed with your love and help. The garden is a great place to get lost and heal. I have retreated there many times.

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 9:18AM
ibarbidahl(9 (tampa-ish))

Welcome back Lori. You did a wonderful thing for your Dad. (((HUGS))) your garden will come back, and it will be good for you, too. Enjoy getting back to it.

Barb

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 11:12AM
tomncath(St Pete Z10a Heat 10)

...You did a wonderful job helping him over these past years.

You sure did, I think we all suspected the reason for your leave. Good to see you back, we missed you.

Tom

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 12:09PM
coffeemom(Broward z10)

Oh Lori I'm so sorry about your Dad. He was blessed to have you care for him. You have also been an encouragement to me with my own parents.
I agree with Keiki. My garden is my therapy. Your BC Maikai that you shared with me just finished blooming. I remember being so scared of orchids then.

Bookmark   December 4, 2012 at 4:33PM
amberroses(10a)

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. Despite the total lack of rain, it's a nice time to garden now and very peaceful and restorative. God bless you as you make it beautiful again.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 6:59AM
sharbear50(6a Bella Vista)

I am just back myself and sorry to hear the sad news.

Bookmark   December 5, 2012 at 4:55PM
whgille(FL 9b)

Lori - I hope that you are back gardening to heal your soul. It is never easy to loose a parent, my condolences to you.

Silvia

Bookmark   December 6, 2012 at 9:54AM
More Discussions
Mexican Flame Vine
It is conceivable that I've asked this question here...
wisconsitom
bought a green shell ginger--will I be sorry?
I rescued a green Alpinia zerumbet (not the variegated...
marcia_m
What is your best/favorite ground cover?
I need ground cover ideas. I love to fill in places...
aroidgardener
Growing milkweed (A. tuberosa) from seed in Central Fl.
Hi! I'm new here, and I'd like to see if anyone has...
martianpictures
Miami/CoralGables ... 10b meet
Good morning everyone, I just saw Silvia//Oakland/9b...
alexcortez
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™