H. pubicalyx 'dragons' forest treasures....

debbie_nyOctober 4, 2010

hi! just wondering if anyone out there purchased from joni, re: forest treasures......thoughts??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dmichael619(8a)

I bought 5 of the Forest Treasure hoyas from Joni,2 of those being the black and white dragons. These cuttings left the Philippines almost 3 weeks ago and Joni just got them this past Wednesday I think it was. She shipped mine out on Saturday and I got them today in VERY good condition. Just looking at them you'd never know they have been almost a month cut and in transit now. They are still very green and quite healthy.

David

Bookmark   October 4, 2010 at 6:33PM
hannnah

i did, i got a h. blashernaezii cutting, it was in great condition when it arrived, but i winced a bit removing the cotton the few roots were swaddled in, i think i lost a few hairs. she's in the infirmary right now, but i expect a full recovery!

Bookmark   October 4, 2010 at 7:54PM
debbie_ny

i got the 2 dragons and they were in excellent condition! i agree with you David...You would never guess they remained in "custody" for so long! They were very fresh.....Just hoping they make the transcontinental transition well! That cotton was tricky....I didn't think it would be so difficult to remove...I think I lost a root or two...but they seem happy in their new pots...I did soak them overnight in water before potting them....I think they apprecited it.

Bookmark   October 5, 2010 at 8:48AM
geosdee(Zone 8 FL Panhandle)

I got the black dragon and a few others, couldn't make up my mind about the white dragon.

Mine are doing rather well and have roots quite well. I did soak them before potting them though.

Dee

Bookmark   October 11, 2010 at 12:12PM
More Discussions
Rehabilitating Problematic H. obovata
Hello. I acquired H. obovata sometime last autumn and...
fakechuchi
Whatcha got blooming?
It's dark and gray up here in the Pacific NW. No hoya...
aurorawa
update on baby incrassatas
First of all, here's "mama"...yes, I know...
shelley7950
Wrinkly leaves
Some of the leaves on my new Hoya carnose 'Krimson...
bunnygurl
Is it hoya?
Hi, I bought hoya carnosa seeds online. This is what...
hoyax
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™