freezing apple crisp

marricgardensNovember 6, 2011

DH came home with a bushel of apples last week. Last year I made a lot of apple sauce and have 20 quarts left so I thought I'd make apple crisp with these. I have a plain recipe but is you have a really good one I'd love to try it. Also, when you freeze apple crisp do you cook 1/2 way thru, all the way thru or freeze uncooked? Thanks for any advice, and recipes I hope. Marg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrswaz(Z5A NE WI)

I freeze my apple crisp completely cooked and cooled. Then I pop it into the oven frozen, and have delicious apple crisp that tastes as good as fresh.

I have a recipe that makes 2 8x8 pans so that we can eat one now and freeze one for later.

Here is a link that might be useful: Apple Crisp Recipe

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 5:22PM
macybaby

what I make is about the same as mrswaz posted. I've never tried freezing it though, as I find it's just as quick to take out apples (home canned) and make it, and takes less room in the freezer.

I'm post kids now, and that makes a difference. It was nice to have things fully prepared and ready to go in the oven when I had teens at home (they usually got home before I did).

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 12:32PM
marricgardens

Thanks. I made 2 already before I went to work and will make 2 more today before I go. I made my recipe and just had to try mrswaz recipe. Ive already used a lot up when I made pies. Marg

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 12:57PM
More Discussions
Who said this isn't canning season?
We went to Aldi's store because they had a huge sale...
dellr
Cranberry Vinegar
Every few years I make a batch of cranberry vinegar...
CA Kate
what i put up 2015
Looks like it's time to start this thread again, so...
misskimmie
First time pressure canning
I am embarrassed to admit I have never pressure canned....
luvncannin
Citric acid - powder or crystal form
I have been making simple jams for years but have been...
psittacine
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™