freezing apple crisp

marricgardensNovember 6, 2011

DH came home with a bushel of apples last week. Last year I made a lot of apple sauce and have 20 quarts left so I thought I'd make apple crisp with these. I have a plain recipe but is you have a really good one I'd love to try it. Also, when you freeze apple crisp do you cook 1/2 way thru, all the way thru or freeze uncooked? Thanks for any advice, and recipes I hope. Marg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrswaz(Z5A NE WI)

I freeze my apple crisp completely cooked and cooled. Then I pop it into the oven frozen, and have delicious apple crisp that tastes as good as fresh.

I have a recipe that makes 2 8x8 pans so that we can eat one now and freeze one for later.

Here is a link that might be useful: Apple Crisp Recipe

Bookmark   November 6, 2011 at 5:22PM
macybaby

what I make is about the same as mrswaz posted. I've never tried freezing it though, as I find it's just as quick to take out apples (home canned) and make it, and takes less room in the freezer.

I'm post kids now, and that makes a difference. It was nice to have things fully prepared and ready to go in the oven when I had teens at home (they usually got home before I did).

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 12:32PM
marricgardens

Thanks. I made 2 already before I went to work and will make 2 more today before I go. I made my recipe and just had to try mrswaz recipe. Ive already used a lot up when I made pies. Marg

Bookmark   November 8, 2011 at 12:57PM
More Discussions
preserving venison
I have questions for those of you that harvest and...
KSprairie
Is GMO corn cobs safe for corn cob jelly?
This is the time around here that the farmers are picking...
myfamilysfarm
Carnitas pressure canning question
Hello! I've been reading up on DigDirt's carnitas (http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/harvest/msg051438097651.html)...
PirateJeni
what i put up 2015
Looks like it's time to start this thread again, so...
misskimmie
*&%$#@!!! Marmalade!
After the "Key Lime Rubber Marmalade" and...
gardengrl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™