Need help finding a caged platform bird feeder

luvdbirds(NJ)July 5, 2010

We used to have a platform feeder with a screened bottom and a removable cage on top that only allowed the smaller birds to access the food. The feeder was mounted on a pole. It fell apart years ago and we are looking to get a new one. I've searched the net and can only find a platform feeder with a screened bottom, some with a roof, but none with a removable cage on top. Can anyone help me find this? Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beaniebeagle

call a wild birds unlimited store and tell them what you are looking for. There are more things in their store than what their website shows.

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 9:16PM
hummersteve

Do you have a rural king? I have seen caged bird feeders in there but not on a pole. Perhaps you could check them out.

Bookmark   July 18, 2010 at 12:54PM
tracey_nj6(6)

You might have better luck over in the Bird Watching forum, rather than in the hummingbird forum.
But, having said that, I had one of those feeders (but I opted for no cage), and for the life of me, don't recall where I purchased it. The only place I can think that I ordered it may have been Duncraft, and you've probably already checked there...

Here is a link that might be useful: Bird Watching Forum

Bookmark   July 19, 2010 at 10:19AM
More Discussions
Squirrel problems
I have several resident squirrels who seem to be attracted...
Jenn.B
Hummingbird Sounds
I'm trying to see how close I can get the camera to...
tmc2009
Just checkin' in
I'm trying to like this "Houzz" thingy, but...
ctnchpr
Material for hummingbird nest
I saw this product/video online and I'm wondering what...
PFCMCL
needle and thread seeds
is anyone familiar with this flower? a friend's mother...
lenahall
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™