Ordered a couple of hostas

kentstar(5b, NE Ohio)May 13, 2014

I ordered just a few to replace some I lost to winter. Olive Bailey Langdon, Neptune, and Lakeside Shoremaster. I've never grown Neptune but it looks interesting and nice! I got them at NH Hostas of which I've heard great reviews about.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Babka NorCal 9b

Neptune caught my eye this year too. This one arrived dormant 4 weeks ago. Look at him now! Yeowee. It will be interesting to see how that soft color evolves.

-Babka

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 3:30PM
kentstar(5b, NE Ohio)

I just love the look of those rippled edges! So different! I have my pot ready to go too. Just waiting with baited breath. :)

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 6:18PM
hostahosta

I have all three of those. You will be very pleased. Good choices.
Here is my Neptune. Purchased 2012, my first foray into mail order, from Naylor Creek. Love the waviness and the white backed leaves.

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 10:59AM
tepelus z6a SW MI

This has been on my mental want list for some time.

Karen

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 5:44PM
Moccasin(z9aMobileAL)

Rippled edges, pointy tip on the leaf, a nice fountain effect of the arched petioles, and then the white backs show in the dim light.

I took two pictures recently of Neptune, one with flash and one without right afterward. I liked the one without better, because it revealed the flip side of the edge. It is a beautiful hosta.

Babka, your color is different than mine was when it came last year. But then, I did not see it fresh unfurled. This year, it was a soft blue gray, with the gray white back, but nothing so muted as your soft gray leaf. Your sunlight must be different than mine. What kind of humidity do you normally have? Very low, I bet.
No flash on 5/2/14

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 5:55PM
Babka NorCal 9b

I am sure the color will change. The leaves have just unfurled and are very thin. Regarding the light.... I live at 37 degrees N. latitude, but rarely a cloud in the sky, so most of my plants are under 50% white shade cloth in the atrium. Low humidity during the day, high at night. My blue's generally will stay blue all year as long as I keep the from any direct sun.

-Babka

Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 6:44PM
More Discussions
info on spam
anyone know where to find the rules for spam are in...
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
If you were to recommend only one hosta it would be........
If you could suggest only one hosta to others as a...
santamiller
What have we ordered?
So far I have gotten a few new ones. What have you...
ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
Wave Runner
Does anyone have Wave Runner? There aren't too many...
bkay2000
Hosta Trek fans … we lost Mr. Spock
May he live long and prosper in the garden … Miss...
bragu_DSM 5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™