yellowing tomato leaves

TruscifiDecember 4, 2011

I have been growing some everglades cherry tomato plants inside with the plan of moving them outside in early spring. They have been growing really well, and are about 2 feet tall now. In the last week or so I have noticed some of the leaves, which are mostly a nice healthy green, have yellow around the edges. The affected leaves also seem a bit wrinkled - leaf roll maybe?

They are planted in potting soil in 3 gallon pots. I fertilized with slow release MG moisture about a month ago. I can't find my camera, so no pics right now unfortunately. Any ideas on what this is and what to do about it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolb_w_fl(zone 9/10)

Which leaves are affected & how many? That is, are these upper leaves (new growth) or lower (old growth) & is it more or less than 1/3 of the total foliage?

If it is old growth, & not more than 1/3 of the plant, than it may be just age-related. On my tomatoes, I find older leaves tend to die off as new 1s grow in.

Bookmark   December 5, 2011 at 10:32AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Truscifi

It is the lower leaves and about 1/4 - 1/3 of the leaves. The plants seem otherwise healthy. So maybe it is okay?

I've also been wondering about them fruiting. They should be starting to get flowers any time now, but I've not seen any signs. Will they produce fruit indoors under lights?

Bookmark   December 14, 2011 at 9:48PM
More Discussions
A good firespike replacement?
Two and a half years ago I got some 'blue' (magenta)...
Michael AKA Leekle2ManE - Zone 9a - Lady Lake
Any Plant Sales?
I live in the Holiday Florida area and I went to a...
juttz
African Irises just bloomed; they're pretty
The plants bloomed nine mos after being stuck in the...
stewbrew FL_10b
Shrub border.
Hi any suggestions for a shrub next to a fence between...
garyfla_gw
Podocarpus Leaves Turning Brown
I planted a doz 3' tall podocarpuses on 3' centers...
roserx
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™