Next time you wish to live in Florida...

Aggie2(10a)October 20, 2013

So, next time you feel it would be nice to live in Florida, hoyas would be so happy there remember this picture!

Just to clarify, this carnosa is hanging on the wall on the patio 3 feet away from the door! Not somewhere in the backyard, on the tree. Whole idea that garden snake used my plant as convenient spot to shed it's skin is freaking me out!
Happy growing to all!

Aggie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
denise_gw

Wow, that's kinda cool! I'm not bothered by snakes, but if I reached into a plant to groom it or water it and one popped it's head out, it could freak me out! LOL! And I do imagine down there, you have a few that are poisonous. The only poisonous ones we have up here are rattlesnakes, and you don't see those except in very rural areas. Garter snakes and bullsnakes are about all you ever see in the city and they're pretty harmless...

I especially like the eyeballs peering out from the middle of the plant! A great C-R-E-E-P-Y Halloween pic!

Denise in Omaha

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 6:12PM
ladylotus(Z3/4 ND)

That is gross. I have NO desire to live in Florida, ha ha. It is way to hot for me and your snake freaks me out. Not sure who I could round up to get that out of my pot. I wonder how long it was in there before it left you its present? YUK

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 9:50PM
Aggie2(10a)

@Denise,
We have few poisonous species, but mostly out in Everglades away from the city. None less I had a chance to freak out many times, they can pretend to be rattlesnakes, shaking they tails and if any dry leaves touch it it makes same noises, or finding company while swimming in the pool!

@Ladylotus,
Have no clue how long it takes, but I'm really happy I missed it! Kind of used to finding shed skins in the backyard, although never so close to the house! Not very happy about it!

Bookmark   October 20, 2013 at 10:09PM
puglvr1(9b central FL)

OMG!! I hate snakes...and I live in FL too! I too would be completely freaked out! Glad you never saw who it belonged to :o)

Thanks for sharing...now I'll be more careful before I water my Hoyas outside,lol...

Bookmark   October 21, 2013 at 10:25AM
rennfl

Hate, hate hate snakes. Was moving benches around the other day to adjust for the changes in the sun, and as I bent down to grab a bench, a black snake popped out. Well it's been three days and I still haven't moved that bench lol.

Renee

Bookmark   October 21, 2013 at 8:02PM
More Discussions
Signs of life on a peduncle!
I need a bloom it's been a very long time. I'm having...
Liberated
Aurora, are the cuttings a no-go?
Hello, i was just inquiring about the hoya cuttings. I...
tlbean2004
Whatcha got blooming?
It's dark and gray up here in the Pacific NW. No hoya...
aurorawa
baby incrassata update cont'd.
And here are the babies...I know they're much too young...
shelley7950
Rehabilitating Problematic H. obovata
Hello. I acquired H. obovata sometime last autumn and...
fakechuchi
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™