please post cranberry relish recipe

jeanwedding(6 ky)November 20, 2011

Left home without Blue book from Ball. brought the cranberries and raisans , I believe oranges too, etc with me and all my leftover half pint jars to use. I remember the receipe is on the right page prob last recipe on the page.

Did order the Big Ball booklet fromAmazon, unfortunately it prob wont come in time before I go back home....

Thanks

Jean

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

Jean, looking at my last Ball Book, I don't see a cranberry relish, looking under 'cranberry' and 'relish' both.

I find a Cranberry Conserve at the bottom of right hand page 31 last recipe that has raisins, orange...Hope this is it:

3/4 C chopped and seeded orange (about 1 med)
2 C water
1 qt cranberries
1/2 C raisins
3 C sugar
1/2 C chopped walnuts or other nuts

Combine orange and water in large saucepot. Cook rapidly until peel is tender. Stir in Cranberries and raisins. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Bring slowly to a boil. Cook rapidly almost to gelling point. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking. Add nuts the last 5 minutes of cooking; stir well.

Ladle hot conserve into hot jars, leaving 1/4" headspace. Remove air bubbles. Adjust two-piece caps. Process 15 min in a boiling water canner.

Bookmark   November 21, 2011 at 3:38AM
morz8(Washington Coast Z8b)

Left off - Yield - about 4 half pints

Bookmark   November 21, 2011 at 3:45AM
jeanwedding(6 ky)

That is it. Thank you. I remember it was prob on same page as the Pineapple ambrosia I made again last night......
I used only 1 cup of sugar. and Ball no sugar pectin.... Got that jar for 29 cents on clearance shelf at grocery....

Then on to the 6 or so pumpkins a neighbor down the road here gave me. Plus the six med sized or so bought 2/$1 at salvage store....
The salvage store had several wide mouth jars loose they were 59 cents each. So bought all 6 of them....
Those will prob have to go back Home with me as I have only a day or so here left... Really waiting around for my Ball Big book to come. Prob wont in time....
Thank yall
Jean

Bookmark   November 21, 2011 at 12:46PM
More Discussions
New low fat way to make "creamy soup" !!!!!!
I got this from "Cooking Light" Most recipes...
nancyjane_gardener
Classico jars are back!
They changed the lid form back to a standard canning...
thatcompostguy
Starting my own recipe
I love to cook, so how do I preserve my own recipes...
newatcanning
Who said this isn't canning season?
We went to Aldi's store because they had a huge sale...
dellr
Jerusalem artichokes
Hi, I harvested my Jerusalem artichokes and brushed...
jokuehn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™