Grimm's Tales

labrea_gwFebruary 20, 2012

On one side he's happy for Federal Funding which he would also vote against. The former FBI agent is also under investigation by the FBI for potential campaign fund irregularities.

Gee & he was going to be one of their up & coming stars I swear it's like the Sopranos the Reps whack a DEm & in return the Dems whack a Rep.

Thanks to a federal funding increase, Staten's Island's Richmond University Medical Center gets 32 new medical residents

Mr. Grimm, a former agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation and a Roman Catholic who regularly attends Sunday Mass, traveled around the New York region with one of the rabbiâÂÂs top aides, Ofer Biton, to raise campaign money from the rabbiâÂÂs followers. In all, the Grimm campaign collected more than $500,000 from the followers, according to numerous interviews and an analysis of Mr. GrimmâÂÂs campaign records.

That money " more than half of the total that Mr. Grimm raised from individuals " proved instrumental in his upset of the Democratic incumbent in November 2010. Since then, Mr. Grimm has established a profile as a rising Republican star.

But now, Mr. Biton, an Israeli citizen, is being investigated by the F.B.I. and federal prosecutors in Brooklyn over accusations that he embezzled millions of dollars from the rabbiâÂÂs congregation. And an examination by The New York Times has highlighted Mr. BitonâÂÂs unusual role in the Grimm campaign " as well as questionable donations that the rabbiâÂÂs followers said Mr. Grimm had accepted.

Here is a link that might be useful: Money makes his world go round

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tobr24u(z6 RI)

And, as always, the beat goes on...

Bookmark   February 20, 2012 at 7:18AM
More Discussions
A Court decision gutting ACA could be a lot worse than you think
A Court decision gutting ACA could be a lot worse than...
momj47
The Universe #2
Just starting up a second thread with mom47's last...
vgkg
Living in terror in the Middle East - ISIL kidnapping Christians
ISIS Continues Its Assault on Christianity With Latest...
momj47
Nuts
More odd topic than hot Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Ji...
labrea_gw
This made me cry. So beautiful.
Jacob is beautiful. Wonderful letter, please read. Happy...
enmc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™