Colors look a bit off

karyn1(7a)November 9, 2012

My retusa blooms look darker, not as red, and my RHP is lighter then I expected.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
emt23(5)

Sometimes I think photos reflect lighting factors, growing environments also make a bloom look different. I am enjoying the view! Thanks for posting. ~ Mary

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 8:01AM
greedygh0st

Beautiful! Those publicalyx blooms really look fresh. I agree they are nice pictures. :)

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 8:41AM
karyn1(7a)

Thanks. The color in the pics is actually pretty true. The RHP might be a shade darker but not much. That's the first bloom on the RHP so I have nothing to compare it to. I was just expecting a darker bloom but the retusa has been blooming for a few years and the center is usually redder.

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 6:36PM
mdahms1979

Congratulations on the Hoya blooms. I wonder if cooler temperatures were responsible for the deeper colour of the Hoya retusa corona? I guess you would expect the same from the Hoya pubicalyx, were they grown in the same conditions?

Mike

Bookmark   November 9, 2012 at 9:26PM
karyn1(7a)

Same growing conditions and one is darker while the other is lighter. If anything I would have expected the retusa corona to also be lighter. My hoyas don't bloom that well to begin with so any flower is a nice surprise.

Bookmark   November 10, 2012 at 9:53AM
More Discussions
H. carnosa
I got these as cuttings from my father's plants, he...
tropicbreezent
davidcummingii seedlings
I have too many davidcummingii x ? seedlings to keep,...
rennfl
Whatcha got blooming?
It's dark and gray up here in the Pacific NW. No hoya...
aurorawa
Suffering Hindu Rope
I have a little hoya (about 8" long) that's been...
ccj962
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™