Bees, Bees, and More Bees

liljagster(MO/6)August 4, 2008

I had to name the title that after seeing the wasp post.

My problem is bees. They come around 10:00am and stay until about 1 or 2pm, but there are so many that the hummers have trouble getting to the spicket and they eat most of the solution. I will reduce the amount of sugar I use and see if that helps, but what have y'all done to get the bees to stay away? I had to move the feeder farther in the yard so that my dog doesn't become a victim when she walks out there, but it's less enjoyable now. Thanks! If I knew how to post a pic, I'd show you the great ones I took of my hummers!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christy2828(8a)

I can't help you with the bees, but I can help you post a pic!!! Go to photobucket.com and register. You have to register, but it is free. Then you upload your photos. Copy the HTML code (3rd one down) and paste it in your 'message.' It'll look like code, until you click 'preview message.' Good luck with the bees and look forward to your pics :) Christy

Bookmark   August 5, 2008 at 9:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
liljagster(MO/6)

Thanks, all my pics are currently in kodakgallery.com and will consider photobucket for those that I want to share with the world.

I noticed ants on the feeder today - since I moved it out to the yard! LOL, but I know how to control them!

Bookmark   August 6, 2008 at 1:57PM
More Discussions
Skeeters
Humer feeder too low so I dumpt it out to refill and...
mxyplx
What Are The Very Best Hummer Attracting Plants In Your Garden?
What Are The Very Best Hummer Attracting Plants In...
taupe79
Reminscing
Just dreaming of what`s to come on this frosty (0 F)...
shillanorth Z4 AB
RBTH Migration Map
Hooray, they are on their way!!!!!! http://www.hummingbirds.net/map.html...
shillanorth Z4 AB
Ants all over hummingbird feeder
New to N Calif, have many hummingbirds nesting in our...
mary11
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™