Happy Thanksgiving!

moonwolf_gwNovember 25, 2010

Hi everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all eat hearty and drive safe! It is raining here now and we're under a winter weather advisory, mom and I aren't feeling our best but we'll pull through. It'll be a small gathering (mom, dad and I and maybe my one uncle) but here's what we're having.

Roast duck and chicken

Stuffing

Mashed potatoes

Gravy

Corn

Noodles

Pumpkin pie

Mom also makes a mixed beverage every year for as long as I remember: Hawaiian Punch with Squirt soda! It is very refreshing if you haven't tried it!

I give thanks for all of my friends, family. the pleasure of gardening indoors and out, and all the trades here on GW.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
patrick51(5)

Hey Brad...I hope your Thanksgiving was great, too! We were forecast to get a blizzard, but thankfully, not a single snowflake. Take good care! Fondly, Patrick

Bookmark   November 27, 2010 at 12:13AM
jlt37869

Right back at ya, Brad. Thanksgiving is a great holiday, although growing up my family never really celebrated it ,,, at least not in the traditional sense. For example, this year I made lasagna. Made with turkey sausage, of course. I think last year we actually had pizza. But no worries, we will have our big turkey dinner on Christmas eve. In fact, our menu will be very similar to yours above. And then for Easter, we will be having ham!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend.

Jennifer

Bookmark   November 27, 2010 at 3:54AM
moonwolf_gw

Thanks, Patrick and Jennifer!

Patrick, at least you're not snowed in yet! I see flurries today! The sun's trying to break through.

Jennifer,I saw lots of people on the Cooking forum had different things for Thanksgiving and all sounded pretty good!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Bookmark   November 27, 2010 at 12:17PM
More Discussions
semi-hydro compared to gritty mix
EDIT Jan 28, 2015: this is an old thread, but I updated...
greentoe357
If i give this hoya fertilizer will it branch off?
I have this fishtail cutting that has 5 leaves and...
tlbean2004
rooting in semi-hydro media
I am going to try rooting my next batch of cuttings...
greentoe357
Bragging on the hubby (photo heavy)
Ever since he made this wonderful shelving system,...
aurorawa
Hanging Basket Idea
Hello all, I've just started to collect a few hoya...
alvaandr
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™